Krabi/au Nang July

welshchris

Hi Guys

Im arriving in Krabi mid July and was wandering what the weather is like at this time? also the crossing to Phi phi (as get a bit sea sick).

We are planning on staying in Au Nang do you have any recommendation on accomodation close to where the road turns and starts to go up the hill towards Mcdonalds (in the region of 2500 or 3000 baht).

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, well the weather in July is tempremental so I can't really give advice!!! It can be really hot and sunny one minute and then monsoon rain and storms the next. The driver of the Phi Phi big boat will advise on the day. I wouldn't go by longtail during these months.

I would carry a light weight raincoat/cagoul in your bag and maybe a sweatshirt cos it gets cold when it rains.

As for the hotels on that road - not sure of the prices but the one right on the corner, on the right if you're looking at MadDonalds, is nice and has great views. On the left the accomodation is much cheaper and more back packer style.

Almost opposite MacDonalds is The Full Moon Var, pop in and say Hi to the owner, Tom !!!!