90 day reporting - one day early!

How strict are they re 'no more than 15 days prior' ?

Eg will 16 days be ok

Anyone ever gone (or heard of another going) 1 day early and been successful?

FYI I'm talking Hua Hin here...

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Update... they did it!

Might of helped that I distracted her with a genuine enquiry re extending my 1 year permission early too! emoji13.png

Thanks all

Well done! However, there is, of course, no guarantee that other offices - or even other officers at Hua Hin - would be quite so accommodating. If I were ever in a position to want to do a 90-day report 16 days before the due date, I would be far more inclined to mail it in from my local post office that day than risk making a trip in person to the immigration office. 

Edited by OJAS
  • Confused 1

Well done! However, there is, of course, no guarantee that other offices - or even other officers at Hua Hin - would be quite so accommodating. If I were ever in a position to want to do a 90-day report 16 days before the due date, I would be far more inclined to mail it in from my local post office that day than risk making a trip in person to the immigration office. 
Ps meant to say... Bluport office

I also avoided telling her the truth which is that Im playing golf tomorrow (the first day I'm technically allowed to go) and I didn't want to have to rearrange that! [emoji23]

I also wanted it out of the way as it was my first ever report, these 'unknowns' weigh ony mind, no sweat when you have done that and got the t shirt!

I keep getting my postal application (Chaengwattana) accepted, but the receipt stamped with the comment "Next time please send 15 days before the due date." The most recent report would have been received by them 16 days before the due date (sent by EMS) so I'm confused - are they telling me I'm posting it too early, or too late? Or is it just a standard stamp they put on all receipts for postal reports? 

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

15 days before the due date is the first day they should receive your report.

So I've been sending them a bit too early? If I send it to arrive at around day 77 for instance, is this acceptable or not? I always assumed it had to arrive on their desk not less than 15 days before the due date. 

31 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

So I've been sending them a bit too early? If I send it to arrive at around day 77 for instance, is this acceptable or not? I always assumed it had to arrive on their desk not less than 15 days before the due date. 

Yes. I would send it on day 74 at the earliest.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Myran said:

Call the office in question and ask. Immigration officers generally don't bite, especially not over the phone.

No, but they can have a hostile attitude even when you have done nothing wrong. I know

through experience, never had a problem at the airports or borders, but I refuse to go to an immigration office.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

What about the IOs that do not accept mail? They do exist you know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you experienced this yourself? You could name them if you were trying to be helpful as opposed to complaining about things you haven't experienced.    

I know people personally who have been affected by this, and one is a very prominent poster on this form.I am saying no more than that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You don't live in Thailand and have never been to an immigration office and are basing your posts/comments on hearsay from the INTERNET.  That's kind of what I had imagined.  The IO offices don't accept mail are still a mystery to anyone concerned.  Might be nice if someone listed them.  I don't know of any. 

I do live in Thailand, but have never been to an immigration office to do a 90 day report since 5 years ago when I was treated horrendously, it was all cleared up by a senior officer without even an apology. I tell you what, ask UbonJoe if all IOs accept 90 day reports by mail.

9 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Slightly off topic but what is the procedure if you are out of the country for 3 weeks during the 90 day filing period?  Does the new arrival card cover that?

Theoretically you need not do it until 90 days after you return. I have seen advice that says do it as soon as you can after you return. Likely you will be told it is not required, possibly they will just do it, and if they fine you, you are really having a bad day!