90 day reporting - one day early!

9 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Slightly off topic but what is the procedure if you are out of the country for 3 weeks during the 90 day filing period?  Does the new arrival card cover that?

If you leave the country the 90 day clock resets the day you re-enter.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thecolonel said:

I also avoided telling her the truth which is that Im playing golf tomorrow (the first day I'm technically allowed to go) and I didn't want to have to rearrange that! emoji23.png

I also wanted it out of the way as it was my first ever report, these 'unknowns' weigh ony mind, no sweat when you have done that and got the t shirt!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You can also have gone up to 7 days late or got anybody else to go for you unless they have changed those rules to.

Edited by brianthainess

55 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I do live in Thailand, but have never been to an immigration office to do a 90 day report since 5 years ago when I was treated horrendously, it was all cleared up by a senior officer without even an apology. I tell you what, ask UbonJoe if all IOs accept 90 day reports by mail.

But you still go there to make a visa ? what did you do to piss them off ?

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

But you still go there to make a visa ? what did you do to piss them off ?

What happened to me has been well publicised on this forum and I am not going through it all again, there are ways of never having to go to an IO especially if you are married to a Thai. 

90 days 5 days early .... Next report due in 90 days. ( you loose the "early" days )

Yearly  """ Retirement VISA""" ( extension of stay actually ) 30 days early, you do NOT loose days.

I saw a person turned away for trying to do 90 days 7 days early on my last 90 days report.

Been doing for 5 years with no problems.

20 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Slightly off topic but what is the procedure if you are out of the country for 3 weeks during the 90 day filing period?  Does the new arrival card cover that?

The 90 day notification is reset. So just 90 days after your last arrival.

This is something you have to keep in mind, especially when you come back in with a re-entry permit (obtained -before- you fly out).

I have to extend my visa every three months, so is the notification of stay around the same date because I am not flying outside Thailand

If you have a multiple entry visa (thats likely the same as a single entry visa plus  a re-entry permit), and lives near the border. Just crossing the border and your notification of stay is also reset.

If I am wrong, reply.

Rgds,

Edited by donim
added the word 'three' and 's' .