Important News from Vientiane Royal Thai Embassy.

1 minute ago, Pedigree said:

Will this then reduce the lengthy 6 weeks duration for approving or denying Non-B visas?

It is next day service at Vientiane to get a single entry non-b visa.

I suspect you are confusing an application for non-b visa at a embassy with getting a extension of stay at a immigration office here.

• Like 2

The Facebook announcement says, "From 1st February 2019, the Embassy will no longer accept walk-in applications or applications through agents."

While not technically agents, visa run companies will be affected by this new policy because the only people getting on the van to go from Thailand to Vientiane from now on will be those with confirmed appointments, no last minute passengers.  It remains to be seen how long it will take to get an appointment.  

On YouTube, NDTVi vlogged his visa run to Vientiane.  The visa run company he used filled out all the paperwork, included transportation, hotel, and visa for a flat fee (7900 baht).  All he had to do was stand in line an hour or two at the Vientiane Embassy to turn in the application documents and return the next day to pick up his passport.  NDTVi said that there were two ques - one for agencies (which he used) and the other non-agency.  He said the non-agency line was shorter but it moved slower because people didn't know how to fill out the forms correctly.

https://youtu.be/Z-AFWHfJP-A

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well, I only hope for the sake of those intending to obtain a visa from Vientiane that their new online appointment system works a lot better than the shambles that is the British Embassy online appointment system in Bangkok!

Other than having to wait for 2 or 3 weeks for an appt, the few times I used the B E with the appt system, it worked ok.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well, I only hope for the sake of those intending to obtain a visa from Vientiane that their new online appointment system works a lot better than the shambles that is the British Embassy online appointment system in Bangkok!

Seemly, there is no connection between countries or computer systems in this story. Perhaps an opportunity to opine about the irrelevance?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is next day service at Vientiane to get a single entry non-b visa.

I suspect you are confusing an application for non-b visa at a embassy with getting a extension of stay at a immigration office here.

What now do you need for a older person non immigrant 90 day visa

2 minutes ago, ginjag said:

What now do you need for a older person non immigrant 90 day visa

You can only get a single entry non-o visa. Vientiane requires 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the two, a police clearance certificate and a medical certificate.

So if you have 1 week to go, and they delay you for 2-3 weeks, does that mean you get overstay?

Could that not also cause the system to PNG people for too many offences?

If it doesn't, won't that mean people abuse the system and book later to get longer than 60+30 days for example.

I hated paying for the visas for 5 years renewable (the poorly named 'Elite'), but I was so done with all this messing about after so many years.  It was against the grain for me, but compared to being cattle, if someone can afford it, then the above is well forgotten history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, losername said:

Agents out of the picture.  That will cause problems for many.

I am not sure i read it that way i thought it said that walk in agents are not to happen but maybe agents can book online

40 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I wonder if people will be able to withdraw and take back the 800k when they leave Thailand.

Why not? 

Although I worry about the fixed deposit I have and am not allowed to touch required for the credit card!