Important News from Vientiane Royal Thai Embassy.

Is this genuine or not? There's nothing on the official website about it and nowhere I can see to book an appointment, also nothing in the Thai English language press i.e Bangkok post and the nation. Just this small item from Samui times which has a link to it from the facebook page. Not sure many from Samui would choose Laos as their visa renewal destenation. Has anyone found any more solid proof of this? 

10 minutes ago, Essecola said:

<removed>  im not on a pension. I am under 50 years old 

Seemingly you not want to put 800,000 in a Thai bank,  options are, go out and return on frequent holidays, getting you 1 month free visa each time. But I am aware you cannot do this every month, maybe if you are Chinese tourist you can holiday every month here with a short spell out of Thailand,   They really want mega rich westerners or Asians especially Chinese in general.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jay72 said:

Is this genuine or not? There's nothing on the official website about it and nowhere I can see to book an appointment, also nothing in the Thai English language press i.e Bangkok post and the nation. Just this small item from Samui times which has a link to it from the facebook page. Not sure many from Samui would choose Laos as their visa renewal destenation. Has anyone found any more solid proof of this? 

its thai style, dont leave anyone any clue or any way to plan what to do. but can almost guarantee the elite phone # and office will be open if u need some info about that product

feel sorry for ppl who booked their transportation weeks ago just to realize they are screwed because need an appointment now

4 minutes ago, Jay72 said:

Important update !! for a Visa application at the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane

สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ เวียงจันทน์ ขอเรียนแจ้งว่า ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 กุมภาพันธ์ 2562 ผู้ยื่นคำร้องขอรับการตรวจลงตราประเภท Tourist Transit และ Non-immigrant จะต้องทำการจองคิวผ่านระบบออนไลน์เท่านั้น โดยสามารถศึกษารายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ vientiane.thaiembassy.org

ตั้งแต่วันที่ 28 มกราคม 2562 เป็นต้นไป

The Embassy at Vientiane, let's learn that from February 1, 2562, the petition to claim the check type and non-immigrant will need to make a reservation via online system only. Can study more details at Vientiane.Thaiembassy.Org

from January 28, 2562 onwards

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Seemingly you not want to put 800,000 in a Thai bank,  options are, go out and return on frequent holidays, getting you 1 month free visa each time. But I am aware you cannot do this every month, maybe if you are Chinese tourist you can holiday every month here with a short spell out of Thailand,   They really want mega rich westerners or Asians especially Chinese in general.

Bad high spending Westerners out good zero dollar tour Chinese in.....

But if you have a Elite visa we love you mac mac....  

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Did mention this this morning on Line ap free call to Thai Elite,  good English speaking person---- for those that not have 65k a month or 800,000  a 500,000 Elite is an expensive option, BUT i suggested to them give a 1 year Elite at 120,000 as a stop gap for those thousands who are in trouble with the new regulations, If everyone could get in touch and suggest this TAT may consider as a feedback.  TAT are responsible for the Elite card.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, British Bulldog said:

This is getting ridiculous, so when the missus says, why not go shopping in Udon on the weekend (I am resident in VTE), its not likely to be the weekend of that week from now on ... if at all, most of us simply won't bother as many don't at the moment as a protest to the ridiculous Visa Fee of 1000 Baht (Plus your 2 free Visa's per calendar year). Very annoying of you want to go to Khon Kaen Hospital at a moments notice ! It seems like they are pushing us VTE Residents to take up the 6 month multi entry Visa for 5000 baht, again, I won't on principle because of the rip off visa fee, plus I rarely go that often into Thailand (5 times Plus per 6 months) we used to spend 15,000 to 20,000 Baht at Tesco's plus a lot more at; Makro and goodness knows where as the wife would like to go, this must have reduced the income of some business if there were hundreds of others like us ! 

And just for the record: Thailand has an Embassy here in Vientiane and a Consular, its the consular of course where you get your Visa's, most annoying if you didn't know that and then have the problem of finding the 'Consular' after reaching the Embassy ! 

I'm sorry I don't get your sense of entitlement. Vietnam requires a visa every time you go there, unless you get a multi-entry. China is the same as is Cambodia. So why should Thailand be any different? Even Laos where you live requires a visa of most nationalities that costs at least USD 30 depending on your nationality. Just pay the 1000 Baht (it was free for a month between mid December and mid January) and be done with it. Or get the multi entry visa for 5000 Baht. Also, I'm sure if you have a genuine medical emergency, they will make an exception to the visa requirements.

2 hours ago, Essecola said:

How bout going to Savannakhet before that consulate is done over as well. Only a $105 flight from Vientiane. 

Why would Savannakhet require online appointments too? They have hardly any applicants. Vientiane is overcrowded with applicants, hence the change in application procedures.

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

A appointment system could be fine IF it was run honestly with no hanky-panky......But Hardly a week or two goes by now with-out some tightening going on some were in the visa classes......Its getting ridicules.....Never loosing....Always tightening......Unless your Chinese then you get your own line at the airport.    .....2-3-4 more years of tightening and I think you will need to be rich or have a Chinese passport... 

Nah...it's just that the Chinese make up 1 in 3 visitors now. They outnumber ALL farangs now, just one nationality. That's why.

8 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Why would Savannakhet require online appointments too? They have hardly any applicants. Vientiane is overcrowded with applicants, hence the change in application procedures.

The visa run companies are going to Savannakhet now. Only a matter of time.

8 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Nah...it's just that the Chinese make up 1 in 3 visitors now. They outnumber ALL farangs now, just one nationality. That's why.

yes, go to do an extension now at chaeng wattana. what used to be in and out in 2.5 hours or less is now 5 hours or more waiting for chinese who cant fill in their forms properly. 

9 hours ago, Essecola said:

I am not handing over 500k for an elite visa. No. I have spent enough.. 100,000b per year for a visa would be fine if year by year. But five years in advance, NO. Too much space for something unforseen and money wasted again. If I shouldn't have been here in the first place, why did they give me visas for almost a decade? And happily sold them to me.

And where am I supposed to go now? Somebody please tell me. 

And where am I supposed to go now? Somebody please tell me. 

it depends what needs you have girls? somewhere in Asia,  south America weather maybe Spain 

1 hour ago, Essecola said:

<removed>  im not on a pension. I am under 50 years old 

wow , the editors are out today. nice. spend your money in a place for almost a decade of your younger yeatrs. get kicked out. I want a refund

Thailand don't do refunds, did you learn nothing in 10 years!????

8 minutes ago, Essecola said:

The visa run companies are going to Savannakhet now. Only a matter of time.

Visa run company's going there or not will make no difference to them going on line. ALL Thai embassy's and consulates worldwide need to go online by the end of 2020

Edited by Lovethailandelite

I have just removed 10 of the most recent posts about insurance and healthcare in other countries and etc that are way off topic.

The topic is about an appointment being needed for visa applications.

Any further off topic posts will be removed without notice.

This was posted on the Royal Thai Embassy Vientiane website today 

แจ้งขอรับการตรวจลงตราประเภท Tourist Transit และ Non-immigrant

25 Jan 2019 
แจ้งขอรับการตรวจลงตราประเภท Tourist Transit และ Non-immigrant
ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 กุมภาพันธ์ 2562 ผู้ยื่นคำร้องขอรับการตรวจลงตราประเภท Tourist Transit และ Non-immigrant จะต้องทำการจองคิวผ่านระบบออนไลน์เท่านั้น โดยสามารถศึกษารายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ vientiane.thaiembassy.org ตั้งแต่วันที่ 28 มกราคม 2562 เป็นต้นไป

Photo Gallery

10156fee4d7ec63ba446066011676280.jpg
Edited by ozfarang
  • Like 1

I have a prediction, based on prior experiences with Vientiane's flexibility. I believe for a limited period, they will continue to accommodate those who turn up without appointments and queue numbers. However, they will be forced to queue up separately, and only processed after those with queue numbers have been handled. I am not recommending anyone rely on that, but will be curious to see if I am right.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Essecola said:

I have 65k per month. How come there is no visa for me?

A good friend of mine who was quite flush with cash as fellow oil field trash was similarly challenged in his late 40's. He had been here since the mid- 1980's and was one of the earliest investors when foreign condo-ownership became available. Faced with the slump in his industry and slowing earnings, he took the ED visa route for about 4 years until his Thai 'retirement' status could be triggered. Now he's more settled, aware of the changing situation and able to accommodate it. He also understands the language and manages to do the things on his own that most others here rely on someone else to help them or do for them.

He also carried on working, ie. EARNING on top of interest from his various, earlier fiscal investments which is something that seems to be missing from a lot of these self-proclaimed early retirees when it comes making the all important investments in their life.

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

That comment, especially the last bit, would look really , really good if you used green text.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, Essecola said:

Every visa I had was legal. Never overstayed. Never worked illegally. And now it will be taken away. Thanks Thailand. Wish I could have my time and money back and chosen somewhere else

Well said !  We've only ever brought money here and now we won't be allowed to live here shortly.....Yeah thanks a lot ..... If only Hong Kong hadn't been given back , i never would of come here otherwise....

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, Essecola said:

Just read on another forum about how some people with a longer visit history are being grilled when stamping out at an airport. Honestly, it is getting easy to see they don't want us here. Looks like it is time to leave. Years spent here just wasted I guess. I don't want to live in Cambodia, VN, or Philippines. I will go home thanks. Had enough sleeplessness, constant worry, and depression about visas - and having to pay for it at that. Bye bye Thailand.

Same same.....

10 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Well said !  We've only ever brought money here and now we won't be allowed to live here shortly.....Yeah thanks a lot ..... If only Hong Kong hadn't been given back , i never would of come here otherwise....

If you really can afford Hong Kong, then Thailand will be a piece of cake.

• Like 2

what if i don't have a computer, internet, or any way to use the internets?

Note:  my three-year old boy is posting this for me.  he has found the internets.  

i haven't slept for over 11 weeks because of this extra stress.

everything is getting harder.  i hate change!!!!!!  i'm afraid!!!!!!!

pass me that leo 

• Haha 1