Video: Students flee smoke as fire rages in burning sugar cane field

webfact

Video: Students flee smoke as fire rages in burning sugar cane field

7PM.jpg

video screenshot

Thai Channel 3 TV news reported that students at a school in Lopburi faced danger from fire and smoke inhalation after apparent burning of sugar cane fields. 

Students were seen hurriedly trying to escape the smoke that engulfed Ban Thongchai Sammakhee school earlier this week.

The director of the school said that it was a problem that occurred every year. 

The local authority said that sugar cane growers are not allowed to burn their fields and an investigation is underway to find out if the fire was deliberately set. 

The footage had been posted on Facebook on the "Big Karian" page. 

Source: CH 3

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-24

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i wonder how much a no vote will cost?

definitely a relationship with thoughts given in the Voting Threads!

but then, the enlighteners forgot that students are too young to vote ???? 

Quote" "The local authority said that sugar cane growers are not allowed to burn their fields" - OH REALLY!! Come to Isaan where it is a current widespread daily practice! Perhaps when the wind is in the right direction Isaan is contributing to Bangkok's smog. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The director of the school said that it was a problem that occurred every year.

Then I guess you could safely say it was deliberate.

Now it's been shared on social media something might get done about it !!

At a time like this with so much pollution publicity the owner/farmer obviously share no shame in their actions with regards to other people!!!!

15 hours ago, sgoodes said:

that they will no longer accept burnt cane

There are reports now of places are not accepting burnt cane. However, it is also being reported that what is happening is the farmers harvest and sell the unburnt sugar cane, then go out and burn the fields usual! Just shows they burn because they love doing it.

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Then I guess you could safely say it was deliberate.

Now it's been shared on social media something might get done about it !!

At a time like this with so much pollution publicity the owner/farmer obviously share no shame in their actions with regards to other people!!!! 

As you say, now it's on social media there's a better chance of something happening - until next year.

I agree the about the farmer having no shame. Social media has a better chance of causing a loss of face, which we know is more important.

Archived