BANGKOK 24 March 2019 19:51
SERGERAMOS

Second visa for Thai gf to the uk

Hi all I am just about to apply for a second tourist visa for my Thai girlfriend her first one was granted over a year ago my question is do I have to submit tons of pictures of us together for the second visa like I did for the first one. if any one has done this recently can you tell me what docs I need to send for both of us would like to keep it as minimal as possible 

The first thing I should say is that it's your girlfriend that applies not you, it's her that needs to satisfy the decision maker that her application is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return home at the conclusion.

Each application is treated on its indiviual merits, so she should bear in mind that just because her first application was successful that any subsequent application would automatically be approved, though the fact she's already complied with her previous visa will go in her favour.

She still need to supply details of her proposed trip, evidence of affordability and her ties to her home country. If you are sponsoring her then you need to say why and provide evidence.

The UKVI specifically advise that photographs shouldn't be sent in support of visa applications.

• Like 1

Apart from the letter of invitation I've never got involved with the Visa applications for my Wife back when she was my GF (and now that she is my Wife)... 

But, I remember her preparing all the photos etc even for the second visa... (contrary to 'theoldgits' comment, photo's were requested at the time - 10 years ago or so... I'm not sure about now)... 

..... Thus, as I understand it... get 'everything' you did the first time... 

Edited by richard_smith237

i've helped many thai friends in their tourist visa applications, granted they are all educated people with good jobs and clear reasons to return home, but to me the application process is pretty clear and straight forward, just follow the steps and provide evidence as requested. a previous visit and return will be beneficial. never heard anything about photos apart from a passport style photo.

Edited by samsensam

Thanks for the info guys she has all the documents that is required its just that she wants to send pics of her in the uk and at work in Thailand to support her visa so the advice would be not to send any then 

21 minutes ago, SERGERAMOS said:

Thanks for the info guys she has all the documents that is required its just that she wants to send pics of her in the uk and at work in Thailand to support her visa so the advice would be not to send any then 

A previous poster has said that he sent photos with applications, but that was ten years ago, as I've advised and 7by7 has kindly quoted the current policy from the UKVI guidlines, photos should not be sent, unless specifically requested.

Why does your girlfriend want to try and submit photos that are irrevelant to the application and, even if they made it to India, they probably wouldn't be looked at. As you're aware all supporting documents are scanned in Bangkok and sent to Delhi, not sure that they would scan photos that applicants are advised not to send, but if they did I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be looked at.    

My girlfriend who I live with here in Thailand has just submitted her application and we submitted about 70 photos printed on about 30 standard A4 sheets of paper.

When the person at Trendy who assisted her sorting the documents into the right catergories helped her he made no mention of the photos not being needed.

They are essential in proving a legit relationship and they were all scanned as part of her application.

Cut and paste advice from unknown/unofficial source removed.

I'll say again the current advice from the UKVI is that photos should not be provided unless specifically requested, that doesn't mean that "the Embassy official likes to see between 30-40 photographs altogether", keep in mind that the UK Embassy plays no part in the visa decision making process.

Also keep in mind that the ECO only has a short time to consider the application and make a decision, if you overwhelm by using the "too much is never enough" approach by submitting a wedge of unnecessary documentation, they could be forgiven for missing evidence that might be pertinent to the application.

'Visitor supporting documents said:

Section 4: documents you should not send unless specifically requested

This page provides guidance on the types of documents that are not required to consider your application, if you are applying as a family/group you do not need to provide multiple copies of the same documents

 bank statements or letters issued more than 1 year before the date of application

 driving licence

 photographs (other than passport photographs required in section 1)

 notarial certificates

 business cards

 hotel bookings

 flight bookings

 photocopies of bank cards

 credit card statements

 certificates relating to leisure activities

 evidence of car ownership

 travel insurance

 sponsor’s utility bills

 sponsor’s council tax bills

 educational certificates (unless specifically listed in section 3)

Visitor Supporting Documents Guide

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Apart from the letter of invitation I've never got involved with the Visa applications for my Wife back when she was my GF (and now that she is my Wife)... 

But, I remember her preparing all the photos etc even for the second visa... (contrary to 'theoldgits' comment, photo's were requested at the time - 10 years ago or so... I'm not sure about now)... 

..... Thus, as I understand it... get 'everything' you did the first time... 

I am replying to say that your GF/Wife must have a very good grasp of English, as even I had problems understanding some of the questions asked on the UK Visa Application form when I did it on behalf of my GF. However, we must have done it correct as we have been 4 times, plus a Schengen. Well done.

Thanks all for your help got an appointment for the 31st of Jan She won't be sending any pics other than passport photo of herself or any correspondence off messenger when you put all the stuff together it looks like a copy of war and peace now it looks like it will take about 15 mins to scan everything 

2 hours ago, mlkik said:

My girlfriend who I live with here in Thailand has just submitted her application and we submitted about 70 photos printed on about 30 standard A4 sheets of paper.

When the person at Trendy who assisted her sorting the documents into the right catergories helped her he made no mention of the photos not being needed.

They are essential in proving a legit relationship and they were all scanned as part of her application.

This is her second visa I did the same for the first one so they already know our relationship is legit 

1 hour ago, SERGERAMOS said:

This is her second visa I did the same for the first one so they already know our relationship is legit 

Don't take that for granted, she should apply as if it's her first application, they won't automatically cross reference with her earlier evidence.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Don't take that for granted, she should apply as if it's her first application, they won't automatically cross reference with her earlier evidence.

Yes she has minus all the pics tho