Second visa for Thai gf to the uk

4 hours ago, LucysDad said:

Printout of your checklist or the front page of your completed visa application form

A printout of your checklist if you applied on AccessUK or a printout of the front page of the application form if you applied on visa4uk. Only small manual amendments to this form will be accepted at the visa application centre

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/vacs/what-to-bring-with-you

(note - this is different to standard wording in the appointment letter).

As I already mentioned, I have seen what appears on the "what to bring with you" on the website. I also appreciate that VFS may have neglected to update the appointment letter but I tend to err on the side of caution and will stick with the most recent instruction. The printing shop I use is 1 baht a page and will do it in seconds.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

I use the visa4UK site.

How would anyone know what the ECO considers to be adequate funds, a bit subjective for those at the lower end of the income scale to be leaving stuff out.

If the costs of the trip are covered by capital then income is irrelevant.

You don't think they have a formula ?

count balanc

I use the visa4UK site.

How would anyone know what the ECO considers to be adequate funds, a bit subjective for those at the lower end of the income scale to be leaving stuff out.

I don't think the words adequate funds are used. You have to demonstrate that the trip is affordable. Bank statements are not needed for a visit visa. For my (now) wife's visit visas I showed them my the account balances from a couple of my personal and business accounts to show the trip was affordable. Basically printed screenshots from my online bank accounts showing the name and address of the bank and also my name at the top of the account.

The money needed would be very different if your GF was staying with you at your house or traveling around the UK staying in 5 star hotels.

As I already mentioned, I have seen what appears on the "what to bring with you" on the website. I also appreciate that VFS may have neglected to update the appointment letter but I tend to err on the side of caution and will stick with the most recent instruction. The printing shop I use is 1 baht a page and will do it in seconds.

I am sure that we will both come away with our requested visas.

18 hours ago, LucysDad said:

If the costs of the trip are covered by capital then income is irrelevant.

You don't think they have a formula ?

That is a bit like claiming to know the length of a piece of string. Financial matters are an individual issue.

18 hours ago, rasg said:

I don't think the words adequate funds are used. You have to demonstrate that the trip is affordable. Bank statements are not needed for a visit visa. For my (now) wife's visit visas I showed them my the account balances from a couple of my personal and business accounts to show the trip was affordable. Basically printed screenshots from my online bank accounts showing the name and address of the bank and also my name at the top of the account.

The money needed would be very different if your GF was staying with you at your house or traveling around the UK staying in 5 star hotels.

I got married, built my house, yellow book and took my wife to the UK twice long before I ever heard of TVF. Now on her 8th visa my original point was in respect of the new arrangements, not the fundamentals.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

That is a bit like claiming to know the length of a piece of string. Financial matters are an individual issue.

So why do they quote a daily requirement for Schengen visas......................... not unlike financial requirements in Thailand - immigration have their pre-set numbers.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, LucysDad said:

So why do they quote a daily requirement for Schengen visas......................... not unlike financial requirements in Thailand - immigration have their pre-set numbers.

Irrelevant, my wife has done Schengen, Canada, China, Vietnam, all different.

The £18,600 pa compared to the UK state pension is a good idea of how they think, but obviously not a problem to some.

There is something not right when people married over 10 years have to justify taking their wife to visit family. The EU removed the paperwork for the spouse of an EU citizen but the UK are never going to take a leaf out of their book.

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

But that may well return in the near future.

Bit cryptic, Are you suggesting the EU and Schengen legislation is being amended in respect of family members. Not that it matters a great deal some people decided to take away our freedom of movement.

14 hours ago, sandyf said:
Bit cryptic, Are you suggesting the EU and Schengen legislation is being amended in respect of family members. Not that it matters a great deal some people decided to take away our freedom of movement.

Hardly cryptic, as you say a number of our fellow countrymen have decided that they no longer want the unfettered right to travel, work and live in the EU and voted to remove those rights, that vote of course also affects our spouses.

So yes, when we are no longer members of the EU, I suspect that our spouses will be treated like any other applicant from a non EU country, and will need to provide the required evidence with their application.

25 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

when we are no longer members of the EU, I suspect that our spouses will be treated like any other applicant from a non EU country, and will need to provide the required evidence with their application.

It'll never happen.

Better to worry about zombie apocalypse or alien invasion, both are more likely then the UK leaving the EU.

8 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Hardly cryptic, as you say a number of our fellow countrymen have decided that they no longer want the unfettered right to travel, work and live in the EU and voted to remove those rights, that vote of course also affects our spouses.

So yes, when we are no longer members of the EU, I suspect that our spouses will be treated like any other applicant from a non EU country, and will need to provide the required evidence with their application.

Plus, of course, pay the required fee and meet all the other requirements they are currently exempt from.

Who knows, us British may have to as well! If the experience of similar non EU nationals, e.g. Americans, is anything to go by, we'll certainly have to if we wish to spend more than 90 days in the Schengen area.

16 hours ago, theoldgit said:

So what did you actually mean when you said  "But that may well return in the near future." regarding  my comment "The EU removed the paperwork for the spouse of an EU citizen"

It is fairly obvious that if a spouse ceases to be the spouse of an EU citizen then the paperwork in respect of the spouse of a non EU citizen would apply.

Bottom line, your cryptic comment meant nothing and wasted both our time.

"

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2019 at 2:50 PM, sandyf said:

Hopefully you have the visa now ?

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Hopefully you have the visa now ?

Yes thanks. All fairly straightforward, other than the queuing. It is a 2 stage process now and appointment time does not mean a lot. There were no holdups on the journey so got there nearly an hour early and was allowed straight up. I was allowed in which was a bit of a surprise but it turned out that was just for the document checking. The first desk just glances at the documents and then sends you to a bank of desks to have them checked again. I think we were stood in that queue for nearly 40 minutes but the check wasn't too long. She was quite happy with what was being submitted and there was no mention of just the first page of the application or anything regarding the old passports. The only query was the position of my wife's name change documents, I had put them with the marriage certificate under 'Relationship' but the girl said they should be with the old passports under 'Additional Documents'.

Following the check she had to go back to the first desk and get a queue number for submission, I wasn't allowed to go through, must have been close to her appointment time by then. I went downstairs and had a couple of pints of Tiger by the time she came out. Passport took about 2 weeks to come back, and she had been told that the documents must remain in the same order until the passport had been received.

• 3 months later...

i would just like to add .... there is some people with different ideas what right and what's wrong.

but my motto is if they ask a question  and you answer it just make sure you can back the answer up with paperwork .. as if not as someone said could be photo shot on pics . so if you reply to a question . it needs to be proved ... and you cant go wrong ... 

• 9 months later...

Hi

Can I ask what work your wife does ? My gf is currently running a bbq stool. She works out the front of aunts shop . It’s all pretty casual and I doubt the business is registered anywhere . This however is fairly common place in Thailand - even the government are Handing out covid payments to casual workers . 

Will this be a problem for my application though ?

thanks !

It's not your application, it's hers.

My sister in law was in a similar situation when she applied, twice. She was successful both times. 

I'd say a lot depends on the relationship, though. A close relative is different to a friend. How long have you known her? Do you live in Thailand? If not, how often have you visited her?

You and she have plenty of time to prepare. The UK visa application centres in Thailand are closed until further notice. See here.

15 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Hi

Can I ask what work your wife does ? My gf is currently running a bbq stool. She works out the front of aunts shop . It’s all pretty casual and I doubt the business is registered anywhere . This however is fairly common place in Thailand - even the government are Handing out covid payments to casual workers . 

Will this be a problem for my application though ?

thanks !

"running a bbq stool"?

Archived