Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Still unresolved - Dutch man in dispute over Hua Hin Hospital charges waits on

Recommended Posts

OMG: What a small amount to create this kind of fuss. But the man is Dutch. That explains it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, only 12k+ for cancer treatment! He is lucky, also if it is not correct to charge somebody more only since he comes from another country. Do you know what a cancer treatment cost? That are millions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, somchaiq said:

Wow, only 12k+ for cancer treatment! He is lucky, also if it is not correct to charge somebody more only since he comes from another country. Do you know what a cancer treatment cost? That are millions! 

The 12K+ was not the total cost of treatment, it was the additional amount he was charged, "on top of regular charges because he was an out patient and a foreigner."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Erwin, just let it go man, it’s not big money, just think about how much you would have had to pay for the same treatment back home in NL 

Loslaten !!!!!

It's not about the money, it's got nothing to about the cost back home.

It's about being ripped off for being a foreigner in Thailand.

Even the health authority and governor have told the hospital it's unethical and contravenes regulations.

He's sticking to his guns out of principle to get refunded all his due payments that were demanded falsely.

The next foreigner might just thank him for doing it.... it might even be you !!!!

Good luck to him... I wish there were a few more with the backbone to do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised at the large number of TV contributors who say "It's only a small amount and don't worry about it and move on" !

I can only assume most TV contributors to this story are very wealthy people..............................or perhaps more likely, not so wealthy, as they don't care about the small amounts of baht that eventually add up to big amounts of baht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a sad individual, wasting his life over such a small sum.

It's about principles, Colin.

 

Stubborn chaps those Dutch.

 

They still insist on calling Australia "New Holland"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a sad individual, wasting his life over such a small sum.

It is about principles,Colin.

 

Stubborn chaps those Dutch-they still insist on calling Australia 'New Holland'.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sticking to his guns is fine. Hope he doesn't have to go back for follow up treatment or some emergency issue....just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leeneeds said:

12700,  4 years at bank interest rates will not make the decimal point move very much.

take the money buy a few more goats,

put one in a camp oven stew enjoy the meal,

is the stress of extras worth it,?

 

my girlfriend number three lives just north of Hua Hin. she raises and sells goats for a living. she gets 4000 baht per goat.

 

 she calls me her "horny goat man" but that is another story. :clap2:

 

anyway we are talking about three whole goats here. I think he should take the offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me clarify a view things. First the article is just a summary of the outcome of the meeting. This meeting was planned for two weeks and I have asked for CEO or the CFO fro  the hospital to come. Instead the hospital have send only some staff. After the CFO of the ministry asked for a clarification of the additional overcharges of 2205baht, the staff (head of 'express clinic') immediately started to defending it that they where legitimate price raises for all paitients. I can remember waiting 2 hours at the hospital while the administration needed to manualy manipulate the bill because they didn't wanted to mention the dreadful  'ADMINISTRATION FEE'. So instead they increased all items on the bill with 15%. Immediately the reporters jumped in that where present at the meeting. If that where true, than they needed to show evidence of this. Of course they didn't have that and very likely it is just an other lie. I asked them why they would refund it if they say those price raises are legit but I didn't got an answer. I told them I take the refund with a written statement of what she just claimed but she couldn't provide it. At that moment the conversation was cut off. I requested a new meeting with only executives from the hospital and asked for the refund with a written statement coming from them.

 

Almost 2 years ago the CIO of the ministry actually wrote in a letter that 'such medical expenses are an illegal act' and the deputy governor of the province referred to this letter. please note that all persons involved are still in position but in a new location! The complaint is also still under the NACC and they also have to come out with a statement and possible criminal charges.

 

Due to my persistence things has actually changed in the hospital. The 'Administration Fee' is canceled. The express clinic that is in operation for 8 years without regulation is now actually separated from the OPD department. Previously every foreigner had to pay these extra charges even if you didn't use the express clinic to jump the qeune at the OPD department.

 

We all know there is a lot of corruption and cheating going on in Thailand but if a government feels the need to cheat on ill people than you have really crossed a line that you have never should. It is kind of sad that it has to come this far to give it a halt. I trusted the ministry of public health 4 years ago to crack down on it quickly but instead they have been to busy to try to make it 'disapear' and let me walk in circles. I have been really disappointed in them. It is not my stress anymore, I passed that on to the hospital and the ministry. It is there turn now.

 

By the way my profession is engineer. Goat farmer is my wives profession as I am only allowed to pet them… hope this clarifies a bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a sad individual, wasting his life over such a small sum.

Have to disagree with you there old son, he obviously has money and is sick and tired of the Thai loss of face attitude, bring them down I say, it's not the money, he is a smart individual and knows exactly what he is doing, he will make them lose face in the end, because the hospital knows if it goes to court, they will pay a lot more.

 

Now that the media is involved, watch the hospital lose face quickly as someone from upstairs starts kicking heads. I have been known to make Thai's own up to stuff and have stood my ground until they did, its surprising that Xpats just don't get it, if you want this country to finally understand that there is no difference of loss of face and pride, i.e. it's just plain stubbornness, then you deserve everything you get on a daily occurence, Xpats, backing down just goes to show they are all for themselves IMO and have basically the same mentality as the Thai's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lived in Holland for 7 years. This guy's attitude doesn't surprise me in the least. You have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheDutchEngineer said:

Let me clarify a view things. First the article is just a summary of the outcome of the meeting. This meeting was planned for two weeks and I have asked for CEO or the CFO fro  the hospital to come. Instead the hospital have send only some staff. After the CFO of the ministry asked for a clarification of the additional overcharges of 2205baht, the staff (head of 'express clinic') immediately started to defending it that they where legitimate price raises for all paitients. I can remember waiting 2 hours at the hospital while the administration needed to manualy manipulate the bill because they didn't wanted to mention the dreadful  'ADMINISTRATION FEE'. So instead they increased all items on the bill with 15%. Immediately the reporters jumped in that where present at the meeting. If that where true, than they needed to show evidence of this. Of course they didn't have that and very likely it is just an other lie. I asked them why they would refund it if they say those price raises are legit but I didn't got an answer. I told them I take the refund with a written statement of what she just claimed but she couldn't provide it. At that moment the conversation was cut off. I requested a new meeting with only executives from the hospital and asked for the refund with a written statement coming from them.

 

Almost 2 years ago the CIO of the ministry actually wrote in a letter that 'such medical expenses are an illegal act' and the deputy governor of the province referred to this letter. please note that all persons involved are still in position but in a new location! The complaint is also still under the NACC and they also have to come out with a statement and possible criminal charges.

 

Due to my persistence things has actually changed in the hospital. The 'Administration Fee' is canceled. The express clinic that is in operation for 8 years without regulation is now actually separated from the OPD department. Previously every foreigner had to pay these extra charges even if you didn't use the express clinic to jump the qeune at the OPD department.

 

We all know there is a lot of corruption and cheating going on in Thailand but if a government feels the need to cheat on ill people than you have really crossed a line that you have never should. It is kind of sad that it has to come this far to give it a halt. I trusted the ministry of public health 4 years ago to crack down on it quickly but instead they have been to busy to try to make it 'disapear' and let me walk in circles. I have been really disappointed in them. It is not my stress anymore, I passed that on to the hospital and the ministry. It is there turn now.

 

By the way my profession is engineer. Goat farmer is my wives profession as I am only allowed to pet them… hope this clarifies a bit.

 

Good on you for having the balls mate, stick it right up them, wish there were more like you in Thailand.

 

Best of luck as I am sure you will win in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDutchEngineer said:

Let me clarify a view things.

good to hear from the person involved so the speculation on what happened can stop.

If your action has resulted in getting rid of a foreigners premium,  ( that could not be reflected on invoices as I understand and thus is highly "interesting", ) then good for you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...