Still unresolved - Dutch man in dispute over Hua Hin Hospital charges waits on

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cancer is about the worst hhing that can happen to people if u joke about it well maybe 1 day it knocks on your door then u will not joke 

some are Lucky get away with treatment some 3 months gone bang end life 

so have another think first what u write when comenting 

many many people get emotional backlash from this nearlley every body has at sometime had dealings with this 

I can see for the exact same service at the same time at Hua Hin hospital i and my girlfriend paid different prices for the same service. Specified on my receipt i paid Nursing Service 300 baht but my girlfriend paid ค่าบริการทางการพยาบาล 50 baht. ค่าบริการทางการพยาบาล translates to Nursing Service. I guess that is what you are complaining about. I also had to pay different price for the actual service, in our cases root channel treatment, my girfriend paid 3500+600 but i had to pay 4100+900.

According to the comptroller general website i was overcharged on all services. The overcharge prices is nowhere to be found on the goverments website so i guess it is the hospital policy to overcharge the white man.

image.png.5169123f273b7f85f6681171550d2331.png

image.png.6ad5b93d375ed99789e40f0ced611d82.png

11 hours ago, leeneeds said:

12700,  4 years at bank interest rates will not make the decimal point move very much.

take the money buy a few more goats,

put one in a camp oven stew enjoy the meal,

is the stress of extras worth it,?

Its not about the money - its all about cavilling….

7 hours ago, puukao said:

In 1983 I was in Pattaya and got some 15 baht soup and was charged 25 baht because she thought I said something different.  peeset instead of tammada.  anyhow, i sued for the 10 baht, plus interest.

next week we go to court for the 99th time.

Let us know how you get on.  How much did you pay your lawyer?  ????

He is just right, im admiring his will and power to get things right and has nothing to do with being dutch. Sometimes you think and now its enough.

Here in Holland things happen and you are thinking <deleted>!!?? DIctators ruling the country.

SHould i start shouting? But dutch sleep, they have their stupid smartphone and thats it.

If he is living in Thailand, he doesnt have dutch insurance, cant. But doesnt matter as being patient and alien charged extra? NO. RESPECT TO THE ERWIN !!

You already have to pay extra in national parks and so on and not only in Thailand, also such a stupid thing.

I dont know how much i should have pay when i was in hospital in december. As my lady took care for it, she even never showed (asked for it) me the bills. Never the less i paid it back after she told me just what about the money it costs (im not sure if she was telling me the right number, she felt obliged to just pay, was her dog that bit me, though i never accused her for that, it can happen). i think it has an attitude problem and would put him to sleep, but probably cant do in Thailand. Had a conversation with the dog and bit me. But ok thats another story.

Needed (?) shots for rabies. Only i do know, i could have a new experimental drug for it, costing me 18000 bath, instead of the old one costing 1000 bath, as the doc told me. Dont know if those prices were also alien prices, as the doc popped them out of his brain, amazing.

I already was sceptic about having shots for rabies, it works? I red once there is no drug against rabies. So i wasnt being a probe with the new drug, instead had the "old ones". Im not foaming around the mouth, so ok no rabies? The dog also not,

14 hours ago, Katia said:

It's not about the money but the principle, so I'm surprised he's not seeing more support here, since everyone hates double pricing.  I think I would've given up long ago too, but I "get" why he wants the full amount.  You'd think the *hospital* would want to end it and cough up the extra few bucks.  (Though, according to my calculator, 300 extra baht, times 14 visits, adds up to 4200 baht-- am I missing something, or is he asking for interest?)

Many times, change is made by action and not sitting back waiting for "someone else". Eight-hour workdays, over-time pay and sick leave were all done by action. Same here.

5 hours ago, Benmart said:

Many times, change is made by action and not sitting back waiting for "someone else". Eight-hour workdays, over-time pay and sick leave were all done by action. Same here.

Is that not what I said?

12 hours ago, TheDutchEngineer said:

300 is just a part of it. plus additional 'administration fees' and other irregular manipulations. 

Okay, that makes sense.  All they mentioned in this article was the 300 baht.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, TheDutchEngineer said:

Let me clarify a view things. First the article is just a summary of the outcome of the meeting. This meeting was planned for two weeks and I have asked for CEO or the CFO fro  the hospital to come. Instead the hospital have send only some staff. After the CFO of the ministry asked for a clarification of the additional overcharges of 2205baht, the staff (head of 'express clinic') immediately started to defending it that they where legitimate price raises for all paitients. I can remember waiting 2 hours at the hospital while the administration needed to manualy manipulate the bill because they didn't wanted to mention the dreadful  'ADMINISTRATION FEE'. So instead they increased all items on the bill with 15%. Immediately the reporters jumped in that where present at the meeting. If that where true, than they needed to show evidence of this. Of course they didn't have that and very likely it is just an other lie. I asked them why they would refund it if they say those price raises are legit but I didn't got an answer. I told them I take the refund with a written statement of what she just claimed but she couldn't provide it. At that moment the conversation was cut off. I requested a new meeting with only executives from the hospital and asked for the refund with a written statement coming from them.

Almost 2 years ago the CIO of the ministry actually wrote in a letter that 'such medical expenses are an illegal act' and the deputy governor of the province referred to this letter. please note that all persons involved are still in position but in a new location! The complaint is also still under the NACC and they also have to come out with a statement and possible criminal charges.

Due to my persistence things has actually changed in the hospital. The 'Administration Fee' is canceled. The express clinic that is in operation for 8 years without regulation is now actually separated from the OPD department. Previously every foreigner had to pay these extra charges even if you didn't use the express clinic to jump the qeune at the OPD department.

We all know there is a lot of corruption and cheating going on in Thailand but if a government feels the need to cheat on ill people than you have really crossed a line that you have never should. It is kind of sad that it has to come this far to give it a halt. I trusted the ministry of public health 4 years ago to crack down on it quickly but instead they have been to busy to try to make it 'disapear' and let me walk in circles. I have been really disappointed in them. It is not my stress anymore, I passed that on to the hospital and the ministry. It is there turn now.

By the way my profession is engineer. Goat farmer is my wives profession as I am only allowed to pet them… hope this clarifies a bit.

You are the man!

Stick it to them and don't give up!

I recently got in an motorcycle accident which gave me an broken leg.

The hospital, Sirikit Hospital, at Ban Kilo Sip told my Thai wife blatantly "farangs pay double".

The hospital even got stickers everywhere which declare this ripp off.

As I am still in treatment I won't rock the boat but when I'm finished I will also go after them.

:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I red once there is no drug against rabies.

That's not accurate - and you wouldn't have read it on any website providing accurate medical information. What you probably read is something saying that there is no treatment for rabies after the onset of clinical symptoms - which is almost 100% true (there has only ever been one exception).

There are vaccinations for rabies that can help stop it developing (you still need to seek further treatment if bitten) and there are treatments that can be given after being bitten and which are extremely effective if started quickly enough after exposure to the virus.

It's also very important if bitten by an animal that might possibly have rabies, to wash the wound thoroughly with soap and water for at least 15 minutes and then treat the wound with detergent, povidone iodine or other antiseptic substances - this can also help delay the onset of symptoms and aid in the speed of recovery, again assuming the proper post-exposure treatment is administered.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:14 PM, Trollmann said:

Here is the website for making complaints like this: http://www.damrongdhama.moi.go.th/

Damrongdhama Center of Ministry of Interior ศูนย์ดำรงธรรม กระทรวงมหาดไทย

Remember to choose your province in the pull down menu on the left.

I can not reccomend to make an complaint online. the damrongtham is only a coordinationn centre that appoints your complaint to the ministry it falls under. they are not entiteled to do there own investigation. What I can recommend is to find out yourself where (ministry, pacc, nacc) to drop your complaint and do that in person and make that person responsible for it. makes copies of everything and never hand out original documents. record your phone calls, you might need it later. TiT

On 1/25/2019 at 8:05 AM, PremiumLane said:

ahh good old TVF, moan about being ripped off in Thailand, someone takes a stand against it and what do some of you do, moan about him. And you wonder why you lot get shafted so much here. 

I wish I could like this comment twenty times. Never has a truer word been spoken on this page

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, leeneeds said:

12700,  4 years at bank interest rates will not make the decimal point move very much.

take the money buy a few more goats,

put one in a camp oven stew enjoy the meal,

is the stress of extras worth it,?

He should be gratefull as this is a victory for a falang.

And be grateful to Hua Hin Hospital who I have found to be very good to me and my Thai family.

Archived