BANGKOK 19 July 2019 23:46
a977

My trip to Jomtien Immigration

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

The 800k baht has been a requirement for retirement visas for years...the embassy income letters have been exposed as a farce...put the money in a Thai bank and move on...or just move.

Wondering what type of account holding the 800,000 will qualify?

Savings?

Fixed?

Fund?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, KCPhuket said:

Savings?

Fixed?

Fund?

Thanks

My understanding is that they must be liquid, i.e. accessible at short notice, and deposited in a bank.

It could be that some immigration offices will not accept certain types of accounts because they appear illiquid even though they are liquid.

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

To my understanding we all are still waiting for a decision from thai gouverment and a new law that confirm what is valid in order to apply for an extension of stay marriage or retirement.

You guys from the "troublesome four" countries have to wait and see there is NO common valid rules as yet... Jst different rules applied on different Imm.officies.

So you are wrong I guess and should slow down a bit

glegolo

"Jst different rules applied on different Imm.officies". That has been the case as long as I can remember, and not just on this occasion.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Wasn't it the British embassy that first pretended that Thai Immigration wanted something new and they could not provide it and the US and Aussies just jumped on board to cut down on work load?   

And actually it was the British embassy that announced that the Americans were going to do the same thing before the US embassy had announced anything, which seemed preemptively inappropriate and may have forced the US to announce they were following suit sooner than they might have done. It certainly seemed the US embassy made their announcement in an incoherent and half a$$ed way ... more so than their usual half a$$ed performance.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's my contention that the British Embassy took the course of action they did because trhey were moving to a new, smaller embassy and this action served to reduce staff and office space required. It's significant that the decision was made as a result of a Foreign Office audit, not a Bangkok Embassy decision.

I doubt they will reduce staffing level.

More like reduce,  there work load.

So more time to Toss it off, or dream up more ways to stuff over those traitor Ex-pats.  :jap:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What a load of nonsense.

So how much should someone retired have in the bank according to you? 

So many emergent things  could arise after 60 and even more after 70. How much do you think people need? 

800k is a bargain and I think it will go higher soon IMHO. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KCPhuket said:

Savings?

Fixed?

Fund?

From my experience in Pattaya :

- Saving and Fixed accounts are accepted for the 400/800k

- Fund or Stock Exchange account not accepted (because available only at Day+1 or latter)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

So many emergent things  could arise after 60 and even more after 70. How much do you think people need? 

A decent insurance can help.

To each his own here also, living  some time longer but nearly like a vegetable or enjoying life completely till...

I know what I have chosen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1