BANGKOK
a977

My trip to Jomtien Immigration

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

At this point in time, there is nobody on this forum or outside this forum that can say definitely that if you present an income based application (including combo) WITHOUT EMBASSY LETTER based on the currently published rules that there is a very high assurance of acceptance.

Partly correct, 'no one on this forum'.

Incorrect 'outside this forum'.

Marriage extension, 12 months bank statements and letter from bank, accepted by local IO on 15/1, awaiting approval.

Note, neither the statements, nor the letter confirmed deposits from overseas (Kasikorn).

IO (Superintendent) stated they weren't concerned where the deposits came from.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Partly correct, 'no one on this forum'.

Incorrect 'outside this forum'.

Marriage extension, 12 months bank statements and letter from bank, accepted by local IO on 15/1, awaiting approval.

Note, neither the statements, nor the letter confirmed deposits from overseas (Kasikorn).

IO (Superintendent) stated they weren't concerned where the deposits came from.

I don't see how even the big boss of all Thai immigration knows how income based applications (including combo) without embassy letters are actually in real life going to be enforced upon at all the immigration offices.

At this EARLY TIME with this new situation. 

Some high level insiders would presumably know their intentions (though on combo method without embassy letters even that is very questionable) but this is all so new, I stand by the gist of what I meant. There is nobody anywhere that can give you strong assurances (AT THIS TIME) about acceptance at all offices of income (and combo) based applications without embassy letters.

OK, I reread your post. You say you're having success. That's one case. Great! You do realize I was talking in GENERAL right?!? Individual cases of success or failure at a specific office are not enough to give people IN GENERAL confidence about this new situation (income including combo applications without embassy letter). 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Wasn't it the British embassy that first pretended that Thai Immigration wanted something new and they could not provide it and the US and Aussies just jumped on board to cut down on work load?   

The BE was scaling back, but not the USA, who was making a killing off those letters.  No idea on the AU's angle - no interviews for FOI results, yet.

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Everyone was willing, the problem is many documents were fraudulent showing income people did not truly have.

I have yet to see evidence of "many documents were fraudulent" and "income people did not truly have."  Must be a few - but some "big problem" is not evident.

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Evidence? Many embassies continue to offer embassy letters using the same verification process as the British Embassy.

France still uses Stat-Docs - yes?  No paperwork required?  Someone posted this elsewhere - but perhaps not.

4 hours ago, KCPhuket said:

Wondering what type of account holding the 800,000 will qualify?

Savings?

Fixed?

Fund?

Thanks

As long as it is Instant Access, when Immigration is open I may add. So a Foreign Currency Account would qualify as long as you can get online or to the bank to do the exchange  transfer.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Jst different rules applied on different Imm.officies". That has been the case as long as I can remember, and not just on this occasion.

See my post IMMIGRATION SUCCESS.

Just now, wgdanson said:

See my post IMMIGRATION SUCCESS.

I really wouldn't be relying on what somebody told you will be acceptable....for next December.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Last time I checked some U.S. official on the radio doesn't determine enforcement policies at Thai immigration offices.

Correct, of course.  And there was that blather about "teaching immigration about foreign docs" before, which evidently went nowhere. 

But, the new-rules should not have made any change to the combo-method.  The risk comes down to corruption - which is widespread - and why I do think your approach is a prudent one.  Some offices will be looking for any opening to not do the right thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

IMHO if someone cannot afford to deposit 800,00 baht in an account then they are not ready for retirement!

If you’re economically literate you would not want 800k sitting in a zero/low interest Thai bank account rather than invested in a medium generating income/growth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't see how even the big boss of all Thai immigration knows how income based applications (including combo) without embassy letters are actually in real life going to be enforced upon at all the immigration offices.

At this EARLY TIME with this new situation. 

Read sections 2.18, Procedures (2) and 2.22, Procedures (1) of the new amendment.

They even give an example if the extension application is less than 1 year since the amendment was issued.

It specifically details income deposits in a Thai bank and certified letter.

The reference to income from an Embassy letter is detailed separately in (3) and (2) respectively.

The one reported case of a combo application was rejected because by the OP's own admission he hadn't deposited 65K per month, each and every month over the 3 month period.