BANGKOK
a977

My trip to Jomtien Immigration

5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

If you’re economically literate you would not want 800k sitting in a zero/low interest Thai bank account rather than invested in a medium generating income/growth.

Unless of course, you want to live in Thailand with your gorgeous Ting Tong, and you do not want to transfer 65k a month to spend on her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The one reported case of a combo application was rejected because by the OP's own admission he hadn't deposited 65K per month, each and every month over the 3 month period.

Neither did he have an embassy letter, which would have been simplicity in itself for him to have obtained.

17 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Do you want to see mine?   LOL

Must admit I've seen a couple of BE Income forms completed that didn't conform to the pension letters.

Pension letter ……… annual statement of xxxx

BE Income form …….. xxxx X 12 = xxxxx

25 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

See my post IMMIGRATION SUCCESS.

I will.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The average pension in Germany (state pension for non government employees/workers) is in the 1200 Euro region. Far from the required 65k Baht.

The average UK state pension is far from the required 40K baht.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

But, you are missing the point.  The rules invited people to come here and retire if they had 65K in total gross income.  People made plans based on that - bought condos, cars, etc - and set up a life here.

Untrue. Thai rules never said "gross income" and it was clear for every people (except a few from UK, US...) that they made reference to the income you were able to spend in Thailand, so the "net income". This "gross loophole" has now been closed for people of "the 4 countries".

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

From my experience in Pattaya :

- Saving and Fixed accounts are accepted for the 400/800k

- Fund or Stock Exchange account not accepted (because available only at Day+1 or latter)

Basically, there seem to be two criteria:  can you get it out immediately, subject only to possible loss of interest, and is the principal not subject to market fluctuation?  If you can answer affirmatively to both of those questions it's likely OK.

The second criterion would put the kibosh on any fund or stock exchange offerings.

47 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It used to be fairly close when I first got mine (frozen OA pension) a few years ago now it's not even in the ballpark.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Everyone was willing, the problem is many documents were fraudulent showing income people did not truly have.

Source?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Untrue. Thai rules never said "gross income" and it was clear for every people (except a few from UK, US...) that they made reference to the income you were able to spend in Thailand, so the "net income". This "gross loophole" has now been closed for people of "the 4 countries".

Pattay46, you are correct in my opinion. Replying to Jack, it's OK saying people made plans on their GROSS INCOME figures, but if of that 65k they had to use say 30k of it in UK or wherever for mortgages, child maintenance, life insurance, etc., they really only had 35k income into Thailand, for which they will not get much of a condo & car & live.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Immigration Dictionary:

Loophole - A condition that always existed, possibly for decades, but we decided we didn't like keeping our word and by following the laws and rules we wrote and published, so are now claiming it was never really true in the first place, to avoid admitting we are moving the goal-posts and breaking our word.

Usage: "For decades, one could qualify for a a retirement extension based on one's gross income, which was more than double what was needed to live really well in most of the country, but that was really just a loophole."

25 minutes ago, Thailand said:
1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

It used to be fairly close when I first got mine (frozen OA pension) a few years ago now it's not even in the ballpark. 

Which is why the combo-method is critical to many.  See the immigration-dictionary definition of "loophole," to understand why some offices now claim it doesn't apply to the new income-method.

Edited by JackThompson

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

In that case so should everyone who comes in to live in the UK or any other western country including the many Thais. Whats for the goose is for the gander.

There is most certainly already a proof of money requirement for a Thai to even get a tourist visa for the UK. I also believe if one wishes to bring a spouse into the UK, you have to show £18,600 income. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

But with a works pension added it can be much more.

• Like 1