My trip to Jomtien Immigration

8 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

That is what immigration have said if you read the specific immigration threads. 

What they said they want and what the Thai banks can do is the bone of contention.

Kasikorn as an example list International transfers into your local account as 'local', or 'dummy branch', because the transfers go through their head office in Bangkok, then transferred locally to your account.

Sheryl, in another thread advised you can obtain an 'Advice' receipt from Kasikorn head office posted to your local branch which details the source of the remittance.

However after speaking to the local branches of Kasikorn, their customer services and head office, they state these 'Advice' receipts are now only for businesses. If an individual requires them, it's 100 baht per advice receipt and can only be obtained from their head office, they are unwilling to post them to your local branch for collection.

Regardless of the format of the letter requested by Immigration, local branches insist it's impossible for them to issue such a letter confirming overseas transactions due to the nature of their transfer procedure.

Only Bangkok bank appear to log the source as being from overseas.

Even then, the code 'FTT' isn't going to mean a thing to Immigration.

3 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

My extension is not at risk.

I download statements already. However, they are likely to be useless as my IO previously would not accept them (as a back up to a Sterling FCD deposit where the local branch could update the FCD bank book, but supplied a covering letter).

Anyone downloading should be aware that many banks only go back 6 months.

So download every month. Simple.

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Then you need to order detailed statements from kbank customer service. It seems to me you are engaging in wishful thinking imagining there is going to be a special format bank letter for income method applications. I seriously doubt that.

There was talk of a custom letter format being worked-on with the banks and immigration.  But, for now, just a transaction history stamped/signed by the branch manager is the best solution for those with bank-book records that do not show all the relevant transactions.

10 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

I have around 50 transactions a month and I have no intention of driving 60 km after each one to update a passbook.

Same situation here.  There is a plugged-up hole the wall where the "passbook update" machine used to be in the nearest town - been that way for 6 mo, with the always-broken machine there prior.  It's quite a trip to get to a staffed-branch and working machine - and when I do updates there, it doesn't fill in most transactions.  A year or so ago, the update-machine service updated a longer history - not anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Only Bangkok bank appear to log the source as being from overseas.

Even then, the code 'FTT' isn't going to mean a thing to Immigration.

I think it will. 

But "downloaded / self-printed" statements will not. 

A success-report using the new income method involved a transaction-history from the bank, with the applicant highlighting the foreign transactions.  Until there is a standardized letter, this plus the normal bank-letter (same one used for money in the bank), are the pair of documents needed.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

I disagree that a passbook is acceptable for the income method.

2.18 clause 5, Documents

The applicant must attach a letter of certification from the bank in Thailand and a copy of bank book ………..

2.22 clause 4, Documents

Certification letter from the bank in Thailand and a copy of bank book …….

According to my local IO either passbook or statements are acceptable as long as they show the relevant deposits.

20 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Until there is a standardized letter, this plus the normal bank-letter (same one used for money in the bank), are the pair of documents needed.

Certainly according to local Kasikorn banks, they cannot provide a certified letter confirming income deposits came from overseas. Only their head office could supply such a requirement and you'd have to collect in person.

There needs to be further dialogue between Immigration and local banks on Immigrations expectations and the banks capability to comply.

Seems quite clear to me.

2.18 In the case of family member (mother, father, male or female spouse, child, adopted child or child of spouse) with Thai nationality. Can be authorized for not more than 1 year.

Process

Evidence of annual income that equates to no less than B40,000 per month of alien father, mother or spouse such as.

1. Tax receipts of the supporting relative. (Presumably Thai tax receipts for a foreigner working in Thailand supporting foreign spouse, parent or child, e.g. you have a Thai wife and support your mother or non-Thai child from a previous marriage living in Thailand).

2. Evidence of a pension. Letter of certification from a Thai bank supported by bank statements showing a pension being transferred to the pensioner’s bank account every month for at least 12 months. Exceptions are allowed for those who have been retired for less than one year – example given.

3. Evidence of income from a foreign embassy or consulate.

For retirement extensions of no more than 1 year evidence of average monthly income of B65,000 is required.

1. Evidence of pension. Same as 2 above,

2. Evidence of income from a foreign embassy or consulate.

Your item does not support your assertion. In fact it better supports that the letter will be the same as for the bank method.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Mine doesn't.
As I said you'll need to order statements then. I have done that myself from kbank. Or you could update your pass book frequently. Then all the transactions will be printed. I understand your assumptions but I really think you're wrong.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

We may be taking the wording 'transfer from overseas' to literally.

A friend who renewed his extension based on marriage this month with no Embassy letter, just a letter and 12 months bank statements from Kasikorn, was obviously concerned about the coding.

Immigration stated they were only checking the min monthly deposits met the requirements and not really concerned with the coding. If your obviously not working in Thailand, then the funds must have come from an overseas source.

His pensions have always been paid directly into his Thai bank account.

Just goes to show what I have said before. 65k in and out every month will work. Forget about expensive transfers of 65k internationally and worrying about the coding. You wait and see. They will not want to get into details about this. Bank letter and 65k deposited from anywhere each month will work. Watch this space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

We may be taking the wording 'transfer from overseas' to literally.

A friend who renewed his extension based on marriage this month with no Embassy letter, just a letter and 12 months bank statements from Kasikorn, was obviously concerned about the coding.

Immigration stated they were only checking the min monthly deposits met the requirements and not really concerned with the coding. If your obviously not working in Thailand, then the funds must have come from an overseas source.

His pensions have always been paid directly into his Thai bank account.

Was this friend applying in Jomtien?  I am guessing this could vary by office, so which one could help someone.

Edited by JackThompson

3 hours ago, LucysDad said:

You are confused.

I am not talking about the balance letter -  I am talking about the 'verification' letter from the bank that immigration will require to evidence INCOME.

Immigration will not/cannot analyse bank statements - they will rely on the bank for that.

You are confused. Read this thread. It's from a poster who has successfully renewed his extension using the new income rules.

In the opening post the OP says:

I had my TM7 filled out (photo attached), all necessary copies of passport pages, the bank statements with each monthly deposit highlighted in yellow, quarterly statements from one pension source, and an annual letter from the second source stating the monthly amount of my pension. When my number was called, the IO went through my paperwork. The only thing missing, he said, was the confirmation letter from the bank. I told him my bank didn't know anything about confirming monthly income, only current balance. He said that's what he needs, the rules require it.

The IO confirmed the bank letter was only required to show the current balance and therefore it was a valid account. The twelve months bank statements and/or the up to date bank book are whats needed to prove twelve months deposits that originated from overseas.

As you read through the thread THE op and others, including Ubonjoe, confirm the bank letter is only required to show the current balance of the account and therefore it was a valid account.

With the 400/800k baht in the bank option, the bank letter confirms the account and the IO studies the bank book to confirm the balance/seasoning, etc. At least that's how it works at Jomtien.

Under the new income rules the IO arrears to be following a similar system.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

So download every month. Simple.

I don't need you to advise me to do that - I worked it out all my own.

My advice was to others who may try and print copies just before their extension renewal date and find that they can only download 6 months' worth.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sumrit said:

You are confused. Read this thread. It's from a poster who has successfully renewed his extension using the new income rules.

In the opening post the OP says:

The IO confirmed the bank letter was only required to show the current balance and therefore it was a valid account. The twelve months bank statements and/or the up to date bank book are whats needed to prove twelve months deposits that originated from overseas.

As you read through the thread THE op and others, including Ubonjoe, confirm the bank letter is only required to show the current balance of the account and therefore it was a valid account.

With the 400/800k baht in the bank option, the bank letter confirms the account and the IO studies the bank book to confirm the balance/seasoning, etc. At least that's how it works at Jomtien.

Under the new income rules the IO arrears to be following a similar system.

That is good news from the CM immigration office.

If the letter of certification is ONLY to relate to the balance (pointless IMO for income based renewals, updating the passbook would evidence a live account and latest balance). 

I don't see that a pointless letter and copies of online bank statements gives immigration a stronger (or as strong)  position than they had with embassy letters. The IO (and some did) could ask for activity evidence from statements anyway.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Plan ahead and print the first 6 months and the remaining 6 months when you can.

That is why I was trying to encourage those, who might have been unaware of the 6 month limitation, to do just that. Personally, I have got in the habit of printing off every month. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Tomorrow I go to Jomtien Immigration. 

Back from Jomtien Immigration, extension of 1 year based on income ( L.o.I.  Consulate dated 28.01 2019).

No questions asked, procedure took 5+ minutes.

Can pick up passport tomorrow after 2 p.m.. 

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Back from Jomtien Immigration, extension of 1 year based on income ( L.o.I.  Consulate dated 28.01 2019).

Good news. As expected with an embassy letter. Was this a full 65K or combo method application? There was a report last year that Jomtien wasn't even going to accept embassy letters from last year (which normally should be good for six months) so reports such as yours are useful to prove that turned out not to be true.

Just now, luckyluke said:

Based on monthly pension income higher than 65000 ThB.

That's an important detail because there is some concern/confusion based on reports that the combo method may be going away. It's definitely very problematic at this point to try a combo without an embassy letter but I think people need reassurance now that they are still accepted as usual with an embassy letter. Your case doesn't help with that but knowing that detail matters, and I do wish that everyone making reports of successful or unsuccessful applications provide such details. Without them the reports aren't especially meaningful. 

Type of application  -- 

Bank/Income/Combo

Embassy Letter or not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Based on monthly pension income higher than 65000 ThB.

Based on monthly income higher than 65000 THB..... not necessarily pension?? ie You did not have to show from where it came except from abroad.

Edited by wgdanson

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

From which country was your letter please?

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

From which country was your letter please?

To obtain my L. o. I. from the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya I had to prove that I receive a monthly pension from the Belgian Office of Pensions. 

My pension being higher than 65000 Thb monthly,  no need of a combination. 

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

To obtain my L. o. I. from the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya I had to prove that I receive a monthly pension from the Belgian Office of Pensions. 

My pension being higher than 65000 Thb monthly,  no need of a combination. 

'Kinnel I wish I was Belgian.

So the Austrian Embassy verifies that a Belgian Pension document is genuine. Why can't they do it for us Brits?

Edited by wgdanson

????

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Because of Brexit . 

( Belgian humor, only funny for Belgian people) 

I never saw Poirot laugh, and we are still in...for the moment.   555 LOL????

Edited by wgdanson

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

'Kinnel I wish I was Belgian.

So the Austrian Embassy verifies that a Belgian Pension document is genuine. Why can't they do it for us Brits?

They don't and can't 'verify' his income/pensions.

They accept his documents in good faith and supply a letter as such certified by his Embassy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

My bank book shows FTT and the online statements say international transfer on them. (Bangkok Bank).

My bank-book and online from Bangkok Bank also show FTT. - I mean that I don't think immigration will accept self-printed bank-statements for showing monthly income, due to fear of forgery.  

My bank-book is useless for this purpose - due to reasons in my prior post.  I'm happy to pay the bank for a signed/stamped statement which imm will not question, in lieu of a consistently-updated bank-book.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

My bank-book and online from Bangkok Bank also show FTT. - I mean that I don't think immigration will accept self-printed bank-statements for showing monthly income, due to fear of forgery.  

I am just preparing in advance. By bank book shows the same dates and transactions as the printout so it would back up the printed out statement if needed. No problem to get a one year statement from the bank if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1