Khao Talo dog lover told to relocate 10 canines

Rimmer

Khao Talo dog lover told to relocate 10 canines

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Soi Khao Talo woman with 10 dogs has been told to move the animals or herself.

Khao Talo Community President Somkiat Dech­paiboon and Nongprue Pol. Maj. Chatchai Rakkwamchob took Pattaya public-health officers to inspect the Wannathip 5 Village home Jan. 15 following a petition from 19 neighbors who said they’ve been dealing for years with incessant barking and the smell of feces.

The homeowner, identified only as “Da”, said she is a fervent dog lover and had initially raised seven dogs, although the population has swelled. But she admitted she works a lot and is often away, leaving the dogs and the yard unattended.

However, she cannot afford to keep the dogs in a kennel and fears it would be unsafe for them anyway.

Chatchai showed Da the petition and said she must either move, relocate the dogs or find a solution that will solve the problem or else she would be prosecuted.

Da grudgingly said she might try to find a public dog shelter or new owners, but again complained that she feared for the dogs’ well-being. She coaxed officials into giving her more time, agreeing to another meeting on Jan. 23.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-01-25

21 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Khao Talo Community President Somkiat Dech­paiboon and Nongprue Pol. Maj. Chatchai Rakkwamchob took Pattaya public-health officers

I'm amazed the above took it seriously enough to leave their offices.  Soi dogs are accidents waiting to happen but no one here believes in preventative measures.  There will be much hand-wringing when a loaded baht bus ploughs into a bus queue of schoolkids swerving to avoid a stray.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:16 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

Start a killing plan for all the dog's domestic and sois 

Really?

I agree that steps need to be taken to curb the population of feral dogs here but a killing plan? What on earth does that mean? Concentration camps for cats and dogs?

Get a heart dude... I got two dogs and they do nothing to anyone except bring joy to my wife and I. They are kept inside and when we go out they are on leash. Too bad for you that you never enjoyed the company of a loving dog, or cat. They bring out the best in all I believe.

Hope something changes your mindset someday.

28 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Too bad for you that you never enjoyed the company of a loving dog, or cat. They bring out the best in all I believe.

Quite true except they perhaps actually bring out the worst in the neighbours who don't have any! ????

On 1/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, Rimmer said:

Khao Talo Community President Somkiat Dech­paiboon and Nongprue Pol. Maj. Chatchai Rakkwamchob took Pattaya public-health officers to inspect the Wannathip 5 Village home Jan. 15 following a petition from 19 neighbors

What a revelation!!! This is all news to me -- that there is a Khao Talo Community set-up, and that it might have some teeth (in concert with the police and council officials).

Wow! All we need now is the contact details for K. Somkiat, and we can start to lodge petitions for all manner of local issues. 

Oh. Has my alarm gone off yet?

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Quite true except they perhaps actually bring out the worst in the neighbours who don't have any! ????

Agreed, but my pets are part of the family and they are not out and about as the Thais have a nasty habit of doing...

And their barking is limited to when they are allowed to go in the garage to do their thing... 

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Really?

I agree that steps need to be taken to curb the population of feral dogs here but a killing plan? What on earth does that mean? Concentration camps for cats and dogs?

Get a heart dude... I got two dogs and they do nothing to anyone except bring joy to my wife and I. They are kept inside and when we go out they are on leash. Too bad for you that you never enjoyed the company of a loving dog, or cat. They bring out the best in all I believe.

Nothing will never change in my mind about Soi dogs or dogs with owner there not take care of their animals 

Sorry to meny soi dogs everywhere 

You take care of your dogs good but that not mean other people do the same 

Look around you..... 

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Really?

This is not about you or your dogs dude ...

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You take care of your dogs good but that not mean other people do the same 

1 hour ago, Wallander4 said:

This is not about you or your dogs dude ...

No it isn't. My response is to Henrik Anderson's OP which sounds like he thinks concentration camps for dogs are a good idea. Do I think there are too many soi dogs?? Absolutely... but the way to dispose of the problem is where I disagree with. Other than that Wallander... the rest was just for your reading pleasure!

4 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

No it isn't. My response is to Henrik Anderson's OP which sounds like he thinks concentration camps for dogs are a good idea. Do I think there are too many soi dogs?? Absolutely... but the way to dispose of the problem is where I disagree with. Other than that Wallander... the rest was just for your reading pleasure!

Sorry you are wrong about what I said 

I never said concentration camps 

I just said start killing all this dog's so meny Thai people just dumb their dogs everywhere never take responsibility 

So try keep the fact correct 

Just because you love dogs not everybody does 

Archived