Vat rufund at Chiang Mai airport

CaitlinHappyMeal

Hi, I know the drill at Suvarnibumi airport but I need some more information for Chiang Mai, firsty what time does the Vat refund desk open and do I do it all at Chiang Mai end or do I have to do anything at Suvarnabumi? This time I have booked direct flight back to the uk but it involves changing planes and getting a transfer at Suvarnabumi, we have to be at Chiang Mai airport at at around 6.30, not even sure the refund desk will be open then? can anyone give me anymore info at the procedure?

TIA

Caitlin  

There is not just one refund desk but two.

Before you  pass the immigration officers, you should go to the check goods counter to get a piece of paper stamped with your VAT return form.

With that piece of paper, you  can get a refund after passing the IO. That's another  counter.

Yes, they are  open very early.

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

There is not just one refund desk but two.

Before you  pass the immigration officers, you should go to the check goods counter to get a piece of paper stamped with your VAT return form.

With that piece of paper, you  can get a refund after passing the IO. That's another  counter.

Yes, they are  open very early.

Hi, yes I understand there are 2 desk and what to do, I’ve on,y ever done it at suvarnabumi before and I’m specifically wanting to know is it the same at Chiang Mai and what time the desk opens? 

Archived