Video: Did Pattaya taxi mafia strike out at Grab again?

webfact

Video: Did Pattaya taxi mafia strike out at Grab again? 

screenshot_8538.jpg

video screenshot

Footage secretly filmed in Pattaya showed what appeared to be taxi drivers attacking a man who was driving a private car.

Comments suggested that the driver of the car was working for Grab. 

Fists and kicks flew and a man started filming in the clip that was posted by Theerasat Srisuwan and ended up on the We Love Pattaya site on Facebook. 

We Love Pattaya would only comment: What happened here then?

Posters laid into the Pattaya taxi mafia but there was no official confirmation of exactly what had transpired. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-25

The best part of this video for me was the guy in the white hat was go tough and could kick the car etc. But as soon as the grab driver threw a few kicks and punch and showed he could and would defend himself the guy in the cap moved back and got lost in the crowd.

The Grab driver wanted no violence yet the old geyser in the white cap attacked the Grab driver several times.  The only time the Grab driver went back at the old geyser with the white cap was when the geyser tried to kick him in the nuts.  Clearly the Grab driver could have crushed the old man in a fight if he had wanted to.

8 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Lost an expensive gold necklace to Thai motorcycle taxi...came flying by and with precision accuracy ripped it off without leaving a scratch...

Me too, although in my case I was driving on my own bike. 

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The Italian Mafia is highly organised. These thugs couldn't even organise a picknick... ????

The Italian Mafia has ethics, respect ,glamour and class ( of sorts ) these fools drive cabs.( and very poorly I might add)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, webfact said:

Footage secretly filmed in Pattaya showed what appeared to be taxi drivers attacking a man who was driving a private car.

Or, to put it more accurately, Thaivisa News, the video showed that only one man (white shirt, long trousers) attacked the driver, two others were shouting and pointing.  No one else threw punches or kicked anyone.

I wonder just how much these "Taxis" could make if they were "honest". I see them stacked in various locals around Pattaya and figure, No way, would I trust them. When I was young, motor cycle taxi was good or baht bus even better. Now I have a regular driver, parks his motorcycle and drives me in my car.

The only time I used a Taxi Meter was when I was with a Thai girl and asked her to get a taxi. For maybe a 500m trip he casually charged me 200 baht. I'm not Idle, I'd injured my foot.

Last week on emerging from Big C Extra, there's what looks like a baht bus parked with a taxi sign on the tailboard. I asked how much to take me on a similar journey and the girl said 200 baht to your door. I took it. I had 20kg of shopping. It wasn't the 200 baht, it was the sheer effrontery of the Taxi Meter guy in casually ripping me off. This time I knew up front.

Plus she took me on a nice sightseeing tour to avoid the red lights.

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 5:44 PM, Broeno said:

In this case of bad taxi divers out, good drivers in, there would not be a taxi left in Pattaya.

Why are the city offices so ignorant can't they see the green and yellow taxis is not going to work. They totally rip tourist off and just use up all the parking space. 

Archived