Drivers safe after car slams tuk-tuk head-on in Kamala

webfact

Drivers safe after car slams tuk-tuk head-on in Kamala

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1548392000_1-org.jpg

Both drivers escaped serious injury in the impact. Photo: Kamala Rescue

PHUKET: A tuk-tuk driver escaped serious injury after a car crossed into his lane and slammed into the little red vehicle head-on along the coastal road through Kamala yesterday afternoon (Jan 24).

The driver of the oncoming vehicle told police that he fell asleep at the wheel.

Kamala Police were called to the scene, near the local market about 80 metres from the turnoff to Phuket FantaSea, at 2:30pm.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/drivers-safe-after-car-slams-tuk-tuk-head-on-in-kamala-70149.php#b6bQOkt9tVFtcDMc.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-25

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

The driver of the oncoming vehicle told police that he fell asleep at the wheel.

The driver must be a very hard worker, falling asleep at 2.30 in the afternoon. I think he needs to slow down!...……..But then again, cars are very unpredictable things, right?

10 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

The driver must be a very hard worker, falling asleep at 2.30 in the afternoon. I think he needs to slow down!...……..But then again, cars are very unpredictable things, right?

He must have been very sleepy, as he forgot to mention that the brakes didn't work.....

That's a very dangerous junction- it really needs a traffic light.  People use the dual carriageway as a racetrack., sometimes 3 abreast.

Its quite common to come around that corner and find vehicles with their nose into the carriageway trying to force their way out.

16 hours ago, mok199 said:

Yes that 14 hour sleep last night left him exhausted ..add in eating , texting , and a 3 minute shag ....no wonder he needed an afternoon kip

3 minutes........that is extremely optimistic of you sir.......or were you including the post coitus ciggy in your calculation.....:biggrin:

I was saying how easily they fall asleep, was not on about Indians driving in Thailand.

you'd have to be very unlucky, timing wise, to strike one of the very low expected % of (Tourists per capita) of Indian tourists driving themselves around!

Replied to the comment about Thais falling asleep anywhere, anytime.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived