Beautiful Country Living in Thailand

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived in Bangkok for thirty years and before that in the suburbs of a university town and then in Hawaii on the windward coast.  I used to debate with a cousin of mine about whether it was better to

Cycling and hiking are favorites.    

Even rice fields can be beautiful.        

Posted Images

I could live like this these days, I left Bangkok long ago.

I do like to go out for some beers in some local bar / sports bar type place once or twice a week, I have a feeling these would be a little rare around your parts.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Yes, my neighbors like to burn.😞

1246150429_Burn003copy.jpg.a1d58af5b9b47e2bdf40ed983365ff0a.jpg

Good morning! I have to say I envy you somewhat. We just arrived from the states the first week of November. We have a fabulous Western/Thai home in a very secluded neighborhood in Doi Saket. We went to Chaing Rai about three weeks ago and if it weren’t for my wife’s position at the Concord Unity International School, we might be interested in something reminiscent of what you have. All the best!

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Forty might be a bit much.  I am 64 and my parents died in their early 90s so something less than 30 would be more to my liking.  I wouldn't want to overstay my welcome.😇

Ah but even tho your parents made it to their 90's maybe you have a less stressful life as shown in the great photos so I say you plan on making it to 100.  :-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

There are mosquitoes and many other flying bugs but we have good screens on doors and windows to keep them outside where they belong.  Most of the snakes I see are roadkill.  If they are swimming in the pond or slithering for cover out on the trail I don't mind.  Every couple of years we may get a snake threatening one of my pets and I kill it.  The cats are great at exterminating mice and rats.

That's a question I had (mice and rats). Is the area inundated with them or only on occasion?

• CharlieH changed the title to Beautiful Country Living in https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1080645-beautiful-country-living-in-thailand/Thailand
  • CharlieH pinned, unpinned and featured this topic
  • CharlieH pinned this topic