BANGKOK
villagefarang

Beautiful Country Living in Thailand

On 1/18/2020 at 10:14 PM, villagefarang said:

The road there is not for the faint of heart or the timid. We first went to the Doi Tung Gardens and then continued on the mountain roads to get to this coffee shop and restaurant. 

สวนคุณปู่ Life Museum
ซอย 8 หมู่บ้านผาหมี Wiang Phang Kham, Mae Sai District, Chiang Rai 57130
061 267 8868
https://goo.gl/maps/wfmVbFjS3TdxUCqU9

Thanks for the tip.

I am going to CM with my family soon and would like to visit above place, can we get there in a (rented) sedan car or do we need 4W drive?

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Thanks for the tip.

I am going to CM with my family soon and would like to visit above place, can we get there in a (rented) sedan car or do we need 4W drive?

I saw smaller sedans up there so I guess it is possible.  I am not sure how hard it would be on the engine and brakes.  I suppose it depends on how heavily loaded the car is, as well.

I have been to places which had signs limiting the kind of vehicles allowed but there is no such signage in this area, that I noticed.  Have a great trip.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Thanks for the tip.

I did it in a small Toyota rented car. It’s uphill but easily doable in an ordinary vehicle. 

Pu chi Fa (spelling?) mountain road was a great deal more difficult in a small car ... so if you plan to go there too then get a decent engine sized car.

Edited by AlexRich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this festival during tourist season? I've never been to Thailand. Trying to convince my husband right now)

Edited by Sansa

1 minute ago, Sansa said:

Is this festival during tourist season? I've never been to Thailand. Trying to convince my husband right now)

The balloon festival always corresponds with Valentine's Day and extends over a weekend, here in Chiang Rai.  There are other festivals around Thailand at different times.  A Google search will provide you with a list of popular festivals in this beautiful country.