Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 February 2019 20:25
72BKK

bus from Mukdahan to Sakon Nakhon airport (possibly no minivan)

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody

I know Nok Air offers the fly/ride service but i don't like minivans, i m looking for a solution to avoid them. Taxi also don't really like. 

So i m asking if there is anyone who knows about buses leaving Mukdahan to Sakon Nakhon airport in the afternoon (flight to Bangkok is at 21.35)

I tried to find a website with Mukdahan bus timetable but couldn't find the bus i need

 

thank you in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buses from Mukdahan to Sakon Nakhon in the afternoon???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mostly on those rural routes, you have non-air-con old buses and modern vans, with the occasional modern-bus - and the latter sometimes only once a day.  There are modern-buses running from Udon Thanni through Sakon Nakon to Nakon Phanom and back - so if you can get up to NP, that could work (but might have to be minivan to NP). 

 

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  I didn't find any useful bus-info online, either - most I found was originating out of Bangkok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Mostly on those rural routes, you have non-air-con old buses and modern vans, with the occasional modern-bus - and the latter sometimes only once a day.  There are modern-buses running from Udon Thanni through Sakon Nakon to Nakon Phanom and back - so if you can get up to NP, that could work (but might have to be minivan to NP). 

 

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  I didn't find any useful bus-info online, either - most I found was originating out of Bangkok.

Thank you anyway. I didn't find anything in the web as well. Maybe there is someone who knows and has not read this post yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am moving your topic to the Isaan forum for local input.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The van used by Nok Air is relatively comfortable and safe, as these vans go, and usually not full. Further, it is only about a two hour transfer. My advice is just to keep things simple and take the van.

I am pretty sure there is no bus, certainly aircon.

If money is no object, you could probably arrange a limo, but figuring out where to order one could be time consuming, and I certainly would not bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The van used by Nok Air is relatively comfortable and safe, as these vans go, and usually not full. Further, it is only about a two hour transfer. My advice is just to keep things simple and take the van.

I am pretty sure there is no bus, certainly aircon.

If money is no object, you could probably arrange a limo, but figuring out where to order one could be time consuming, and I certainly would not bother.

If there are no options with bus (I don t mind with or without aircon) i'll use the nok van of course. I still wait a bit to see if there is someone who knows more on the matter.

By the way, my worst experience in a thai van was from suratthani to Donsak and it was I think 1 hour trip. I felt as we were in Nurburgring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a matter of interest... why not fly from Mukdahan ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, malt25 said:

Just as a matter of interest... why not fly from Mukdahan ?

There is no airport in Mukdahan.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an airport in Nakhon Panhom (probably what Salt25 was thinking of), but I guess the OP knows that and maybe already has a ticket to fly from Sak Nak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 11:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no airport in Mukdahan.

Sorry... my mistake  😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently took the Nok van from Nakhon Phanom to Mukdahan. There were 2 of us in it, 3 including the driver.

Edited by Briggsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the Nok Fly/ride Mukdahan-Sakon Nakhon by van and flight to Bangkok...

maybe it's time to consider to buy a car...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps one day they will use Savannakhet airport. Its been talked about for years not sure why it never went forward. Perhaps once the border improvement works have completed this idea might resurface. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...