How long for UK Settlement Visa ??

Hi, I've applied for a settlement Visa for my Thai wife and her daughter. She submitted her application on 26th July 2018 but to date we're still awaiting a decision. Their website suggests a maximum of 120 working days but this has passed nearly 2 weeks ago. I did make an enquiry a couple of weeks back and after a few days I received all of our documents in the post. I thought then that it was done and they'd made their decision, but alas no! Still waiting ????
Anyone have any recent experience of a similar nature that can shed some light for me?

20 hours ago, LucysDad said:

I would also be interested in current processing times.

A friend is hoping that he will fall into the "95% in 12 weeks" category.

I heard that the performance figures are based on a random sample of applications rather than ALL applications....My Thai wife has heard a lot of horror stories from the facebook group she is a member of, who knows what to believe

Phoned them again today and was told "Still awaiting a decision" When I asked about their published 100% of applications processed within 120 working days they just changed the subject, so I asked again and again he changed the subject. It's really poor that you cannot get any straight answers to a straight question.
I've made another official escalation so let's see what happens this time!!

On 1/28/2019 at 3:00 AM, LucysDad said:

I would also be interested in current processing times.

A friend is hoping that he will fall into the "95% in 12 weeks" category.

I too thought we would be all done within the 3 months. When we applied for the wedding visa to allow her to come over to get married it only took about 2 months so I wrongly assumed this application would be roughly the same. How wrong I was ????

• 2 weeks later...

An update on this. The decision was made they say on 30th January but I didn't receive notification until 4th February.
Unfortunately they refused it. Allegedly it's because I didn't submit P60's etc but I don't see how this is possible as I showed bank statements that more than covered the minimum amount of savings needed.
Really hacked off now that it took so long and then for them to refuse it.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:10 PM, Jason White said:

An update on this. The decision was made they say on 30th January but I didn't receive notification until 4th February.
Unfortunately they refused it. Allegedly it's because I didn't submit P60's etc but I don't see how this is possible as I showed bank statements that more than covered the minimum amount of savings needed.

are you saying you were refused on the financial requirement but are sure you meet it through savings?

On 2/9/2019 at 10:10 PM, Jason White said:

Were you relying on savings or your salary to fulfill the financial requirement. If you were using savings, why would they need your P60s? If you were relying on savings how much did you show them that you have in savings and what type of account etc do you keep it?

If you were relying on your salary how much did you show you earn?

The best thing to do is to post your refusal notice with personal details redacted so we can take a look.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:15 PM, Jason White said:

Hi, I've applied for a settlement Visa for my Thai wife and her daughter. She submitted her application on 26th July 2018 but to date we're still awaiting a decision. Their website suggests a maximum of 120 working days but this has passed nearly 2 weeks ago. I did make an enquiry a couple of weeks back and after a few days I received all of our documents in the post. I thought then that it was done and they'd made their decision, but alas no! Still waiting ????
Anyone have any recent experience of a similar nature that can shed some light for me?

I've gone back to your original post and if you did submit on the 26th July 2018, why did you ask for an update on the 12th January 2019? That was 171 days after the application was submitted. Way past the 120 days they typical take.

You didn't mention the age of her daughter but on salaried employment you need to add £3,800 onto the £18,600 for a dependent child.

One thing I couldn't find was if the savings requirement goes up above the £62,500, if a dependent child is involved. Wiser heads will no doubt come along and answer the question if it needs answering.

• 2 weeks later...

Useful info here for me regarding the savings minimum...Can anyone please confirm, or attempt to confirm the following..

Can the equivalent of the minimum amount of GBP62,500 be shown in a Thai account?

If so, can the total amount be shown from 2 or 3 Thai accounts?

Do they require the source of funds, or as I believe you are only required to show this amount as long as it in an account(s) for at least 6 months before submitting your application and is easily accessible?

Cheers for any help.

ER

26 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Thanks, git. I think I got it, lol.

By the time I apply the last 6 mts statements won't show any large cash deposits or credits coming in, just general in's and out's...I suppose this would be a good/clean way to present said statements?

Archived