circled by 4 reef sharks

yogavnture

I was on a major dive spot in Thailand (better to remain nameless)  and I was snorkeling .  I was being circled by 4 large black tip reef sharks ...............would they ever try anything?  my experience with that breed of shark is that they are timid.  and would under no circumstance try for a bite.  I do think they see alot of divers / snorkelers so they are accustomed to the people in the water. 

2 hours ago, yogavnture said:

I was being circled by 4 large black tip reef sharks  ...............would they ever try anything?

The chance of a shark attack while scuba diving is almost nil.

I told the same about soi dogs. ????

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:06 AM, Kwasaki said:

The chance of a shark attack while scuba diving is almost nil.

I told the same about soi dogs. ????

I have never heard of any soi dogs attacking scuba divers.

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Maybe learn English?

are u upset i stood up for silje the norwegian diver who was killed by propeller blade by boat on ko tao?  maybe u could learn how to make a point?  4 large black tips are 4 large black tips. the question was . would they try to take an investigative bite.  not debate what large is.  have u ever met anybody that isnt politically correct ? are u british?

On 1/30/2019 at 10:28 AM, yogavnture said:

are u upset i stood up for silje the norwegian diver who was killed by propeller blade by boat on ko tao?  maybe u could learn how to make a point?  4 large black tips are 4 large black tips. the question was . would they try to take an investigative bite.  not debate what large is.  have u ever met anybody that isnt politically correct ? are u british?

Glad to see you corrected your spelling, would hate to have to read your post in incorrect English.

No idea what you're on about, nor do I care very much. As mentioned, a blacktip will never be large, and no, they don't bite. That was not your question BTW, in spite of you claiming it was.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

ad to see you corrected your spelling, would hate to have to read your post in incorrect English.

No idea what you're on about, nor do I care very much. As mentioned, a blacktip will never be large, and no, they don't bite. That was not your question BTW, in spite of you claiming it was.

6 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

no idea what im talking about ?  ok i will ask again would 4 circling large blacktips take an investigative bite. maybe u will get it this time

Answered already.

Apparently spelling and reading issues.

• 7 months later...

Lol. While snorkeling in Thailand over the years I've chased dozens. Even the tiny Thai wife joins in the hunt. Such cowards. Can get closer to bumphead parrotfish or manta.

Having said that there is such little food in the ocean for them anymore they could become more aggressive.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:33 PM, yogavnture said:

does a trigger fish ever get large.   how about a grouper does it ever get large

Absolutely. See grouper in Florida. Queen Triggerfish can get really big but there's no longer food in Thailand so they stay small to medium now.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:33 PM, yogavnture said:

does a trigger fish ever get large.   how about a grouper does it ever get large

The Titan trigger* is the largest 75 cm,+-, The Goliath grouper is the largest 2.5 meters +-

regards worgeordie    * probably more dangerous than a black tip,if its defending its nest.

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The Titan trigger* is the largest 75 cm,+-, The Goliath grouper is the largest 2.5 meters +-

regards worgeordie    * probably more dangerous than a black tip,if its defending its nest.

Better leave out 'probably' fro your post.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, stevenl said:

Better leave out 'probably' fro your post.

Agree, I lost a fin to one in Tahiti trying to exit his "canyon".  It was big but I didn't get out the tape measure to see how big  and I didn't go back for the fin!

Archived