Mother and son killed, father injured in Phetchaburi market shooting

rooster59

Mother and son killed, father injured in Phetchaburi market shooting

By The Nation

relate240019.jpg

A clothes vendor and his mother were shot and killed while his father was injured following a dispute with another vendor at a roadside market in Phetchaburi's Khao Yoi district early on Saturday.

Police said the shooting took place at about 5.30am at the Nong Prong market in Moo 5 village in Tambon Nong Prong.

Police said Sitthichoke Losong, 24, was shot dead at the market while his mother, Supassaras Khamthim, 43, died later at the Phra Chom Klao Hospital.

Sitthichoke was shot twice in the chest and once in his right arm.

Police are hunting for a another vendor, identified only as Nui, who allegedly shot the three.

Other vendors said Nui and Sitthichoke, who had stalls facing each other, often quarrelled.

In the latest dispute, Sitthichoke's parents joined him in a verbal dispute with Nui before the parents left and the two vendors continued their heated quarrel.

During the heat of the dispute, Nui pulled out his gun and shot Sitthichoke who tried to run away but collapsed about 20 metres later. Nui then shot the mother, who was standing nearby, and shot Sitthichoke's father, who was sitting in his pickup truck nearby.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362980

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-26

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

555 and only Thais do bad things to foreigners; besides sarcasm what's your point?

No sarcasm there, top police chief from nakon nowhere a few weeks ago stated that thais dont do bad things to thais, only Foriegners do...Maybe head poncho nakon nowhere policeman should see this story...thats the point being made

This thread was opened 21 hours ago, and no posts supporting gun control?

If this article had been about a shooting in the US, would already have been plenty of posts from expat liberals calling for a ban on all firearms.

Would have been a good time for Sitthichoke and his parents to have had a gun of their own.

8 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

You don't follow much huh or just clueless like Somchais maybe 

No, I just don't believe 90% of the folks that are so racist they can't think straight. I also believe a lot of what is translated from Thai publications is is tweaked to raise it's sensationalism angle, the goal to make a Thai visa version of the british gossip rag. 

16 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

No, I just don't believe 90% of the folks that are so racist they can't think straight. I also believe a lot of what is translated from Thai publications is is tweaked to raise it's sensationalism angle, the goal to make a Thai visa version of the british gossip rag. 

True.. but unfortunately there are Thais who think like this and are so crazy. Just like we got a lot of foreigners here on the forum who think only Thais are criminals and white skinned people never commit crimes.

It works both ways, i consider myself far from a racist, but when i first came to Thailand my brother lost his phone and a GF of mine helped me. The police officer started to ask her why she helped foreigners and how Thais should only help Thais. Worse still the guy was drunk and started threatening her. The other police in the station later came to apologise.. but seemed not to care he was drunk and acting out like that.. or at least not take action. So there certainly are xenophobic Thais just like there are plenty of foreigners who are the same. 

No sarcasm there, top police chief from nakon nowhere a few weeks ago stated that thais dont do bad things to thais, only Foriegners do...Maybe head poncho nakon nowhere policeman should see this story...thats the point being made
If I remember he said Thais don't cheat Thais.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

True.. but unfortunately there are Thais who think like this and are so crazy. Just like we got a lot of foreigners here on the forum who think only Thais are criminals and white skinned people never commit crimes.

It works both ways, i consider myself far from a racist, but when i first came to Thailand my brother lost his phone and a GF of mine helped me. The police officer started to ask her why she helped foreigners and how Thais should only help Thais. Worse still the guy was drunk and started threatening her. The other police in the station later came to apologise.. but seemed not to care he was drunk and acting out like that.. or at least not take action. So there certainly are xenophobic Thais just like there are plenty of foreigners who are the same. 

I agree, there are Thais that stereotype us. But which of us has had the educational advantage? IMHO knowing that a behavior is intellectually wrong and still acting in that manner is really being moronic. With our western advantages in schooling and our ability to search/learn via the internet in English (which is huge), we definitely should know better. After that a lot it comes from how we are raised, and as I have viewed it there's a lot of people that were brought up very poorly- products of substandard parenting.  

23 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

you heard him say this or read it in thai visa?

It was on various news media. I didnt personally hear the prime minister say there is an election 24th March but read that also on various news media...does it mean that isnt true as I personally didnt hear him say it

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, trainman34014 said:

Must be a terrible misunderstanding; only Foreigners do bad things to Thai people !

My friend in a close by province witnessed 2 similar killings within a month.

One a a Karaoke bar and another at a market.

All over arguments between Thais.

The gun laws in Thailand need review, simply they should be allowed to own guns.

Having said that I once knew a girl who sold guns at her phone shop for her Thai police BF.

but I kept a good distance from her and eventually she disappeared somewhere.

Archived