CRF250L 2019 again...

ad61

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Still 18

Super Motard runs 17 F and R - build it yourself as M model deleted

CRF250L comes with front 21 and rear 18. 

Just rechecked, these are same size for 2019 but on black rims. 

Dtracker comes with 17 front and back. 

59 minutes ago, inThailand said:

CRF250L comes with front 21 and rear 18. 

Just rechecked, these are same size for 2019 but on black rims. 

Dtracker comes with 17 front and back. 

Sigh.

No, the Rally has black anodized alloy DID rims.

The CRF still has natural silver alloy DID rims.

Both have 18/21" rims.

Since they were introduced.

FYI the KLX bikes run Excel alloy rims, either in 17/17" or 18/21" format.

I find it a strange decision to delete the motard version of the Honda. On the road the higher airflow kept the engine cooler , whilst the extra weight , and non-adjustable suspension didnt make the bike under perform as much as it does off road. The 2018 and 2019 Hondas are 45mm lower than the earlier models , but the wheel sizes are the same. Just not  Excel.

10 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

I find it a strange decision to delete the motard version of the Honda. On the road the higher airflow kept the engine cooler , whilst the extra weight , and non-adjustable suspension didnt make the bike under perform as much as it does off road. The 2018 and 2019 Hondas are 45mm lower than the earlier models , but the wheel sizes are the same. Just not  Excel.

Not expensive to go SM

Did mine since new - hubs with bearings, wheel assembled with SM tires, F and R

Racing Boy rims - your choice of hub, spoke and rim colors

14,000 baht

16 hours ago, inThailand said:

but on black rims.  

Well bugger me backwards. :ninja:
Not wanting to believe you, nor that i am ever wrong, ????

nor that i've not seen one locally,

i googled 2019 Honda CRF250L new models Thailand........

And lo & behold there are black rimmed models available and a snazzy all blacked out new colour version.

Still the same wonga 134,600 TB.

My humblest apologies.

Did anyone see this CRF450L write up? 

4. It Makes a Lot More Than 24 Horsepower

There was a rumor going around that this bike only made 24 hp and we can say that is completely false. It looks like a European Honda site mistakenly posted the CRF250L’s hp number for the 450L’s. We asked Honda for a publishable HP number for the 450L and they said it was in the 40s. For dirt bikes, Honda (all OEM’s actually) don’t give out HP numbers since there are so many variables in dyno’ing the bikes. Also, Honda added that there is only a 4 hp difference between the X and L and that the cams and cam timing are exactly the same.

And it's made in Japan not LOS. 

14 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Not expensive to go SM

Did mine since new - hubs with bearings, wheel assembled with SM tires, F and R

Racing Boy rims - your choice of hub, spoke and rim colors

14,000 baht

This gives you 2 bikes in 1. The CRF , if only used on tarmac , may be a better option for some , due to its lower price. I also think it looks better than the D-tracker. I would go with a Kawasaki D-tracker , then specify heavy duty off-road billet hubs / rims  , HD spokes and tubes , with motocross tires.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

4. It Makes a Lot More Than 24 Horsepower

It does not.  The piece you copied was from an American ADV magazine. They didnt get their facts completely correct. The CRF 450 gives 24 BHP ( Twenty-Four ) in Thailand spec. And in English spec. And other countries. The version that makes 40 BHP is only for certain countries / states. This  was the special version they were given , but they didnt mention this in the article .  If the different American parts can be bought from Honda , and at a sensible price , to bring it up to 40 BHP , then it could be a good Dual sport bike. No warranty though. 

14 hours ago, canthai55 said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1039615-crf450l/page/14/

Update from 25 to 40HP with a change to USA ECU and remove intake baffle

Thanks for posting this again. All we need to find out now , is if this 24 BHP bike costs twice as much as the 24 BHP 250 , ie 260,000 , will Honda USA / Thailand sell anyone the required upgrades , and if so , for how much. If it costs 300 K , with 40 BHP , and no warranty , im still interested.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:51 PM, ktm jeff said:

It does not.  The piece you copied was from an American ADV magazine. They didnt get their facts completely correct. The CRF 450 gives 24 BHP ( Twenty-Four ) in Thailand spec. And in English spec. And other countries. The version that makes 40 BHP is only for certain countries / states. This  was the special version they were given , but they didnt mention this in the article .  If the different American parts can be bought from Honda , and at a sensible price , to bring it up to 40 BHP , then it could be a good Dual sport bike. No warranty though. 

This what they said.

How can Honda think anyone would buy a 24hp 450cc at $10k or more. I have to believe they are not that daft.

13 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Thanks for posting this again. All we need to find out now , is if this 24 BHP bike costs twice as much as the 24 BHP 250 , ie 260,000 , will Honda USA / Thailand sell anyone the required upgrades , and if so , for how much. If it costs 300 K , with 40 BHP , and no warranty , im still interested.

It's just shy of 10k in the UK.

That equates to a price well in excess of your 300k here...

Well in excess.

If it's 400k, that will put it in the territory of the eagerly awaited T7 Yamaha released later this year.

73hp and 50 Ib ft torque.

And it will say Yamaha on the tank instead of Big Guff, sorry Big Red.

My weekly perusal of the second hand sites.

Kaidee - the usual dozens.

But Baht & Sold;

Jeez there are a helluva lot of Honda CRF250L bikes for sale on there, as cheap as 75k, stock to fully loaded, and everything in between.

What got my interest and posting this, is there are a bunch of 2018 models on there, extreme low mileage, some with less than 500 kms....

Just sayin....

Strange that.

Innit.

I am also amazed at the number for sale. Would bet most of the Thai buyers used finance and need to / wish to move on.

Due diligence in what you purchase, and what your intended purpose is, is key.

Many post on here of problems encountered - answer, buy the right bike.

Wish I was not going for a new contract this year - found a first year CB650F, tricolor, 100% stock, 5500km, 199K. Mint, every sticker on it, lift the seat and it is not even dusty.

Change the Dunlops to Metzeler or Pirelli and good to go.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:14 AM, inThailand said:

This what they said.

How can Honda think anyone would buy a 24hp 450cc at $10k or more. I have to believe they are not that daft.

And here we have the problem  ! .  Honda know people wont buy it at this price. So it hasnt been imported.  People will buy it when , and only when , it has 40 BHP , and a sensible price.  Yes - Honda are that daft .

8 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

And here we have the problem  ! .  Honda know people wont buy it at this price. So it hasnt been imported.  People will buy it when , and only when , it has 40 BHP , and a sensible price.  Yes - Honda are that daft .

I would grudgily shell out the Baht for a road legal 40hp+ 450cc L, but not with every 1000km service intervals. This bike is meant for the road so why have motocross service intervals.? They do seem to be daft. Are Thais running this company? 

These service intervals arent too bad. Every 1K , oil change. The valve shim adjustments are going to be the regular pain , but if you are not using the bike hard / high revs , my guess is that the valve service intervals can be stretched.  As long as the valves themselves dont stretch. Even if you manage to import  the 40 BHP parts , this bike is still some power short of the 450 X. You will invalidate the warranty with these modifications , but if thats not a worry , i would learn how do do the shims yourself , or become best mates with a decent mechanic. And by mechanic , i mean a technician , not a fitter. Priced too high , with 24 or even 40 BHP , people are  put off.  Just look at the KTM saga. My fear is this may well be a sales disaster , and will put off Yamaha and Kawasaki. Otherwise , tempting as this bike is , its just a CRF 250 with adjustable suspension and less weight.

12 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

These service intervals arent too bad. Every 1K , oil change. The valve shim adjustments are going to be the regular pain , but if you are not using the bike hard / high revs , my guess is that the valve service intervals can be stretched.  As long as the valves themselves dont stretch. Even if you manage to import  the 40 BHP parts , this bike is still some power short of the 450 X. You will invalidate the warranty with these modifications , but if thats not a worry , i would learn how do do the shims yourself , or become best mates with a decent mechanic. And by mechanic , i mean a technician , not a fitter. Priced too high , with 24 or even 40 BHP , people are  put off.  Just look at the KTM saga. My fear is this may well be a sales disaster , and will put off Yamaha and Kawasaki. Otherwise , tempting as this bike is , its just a CRF 250 with adjustable suspension and less weight.

Unclear. Kindly explain the saga.

• 5 months later...

Archived