When to do a visa run

Hi all

I will go to immigration to find out for sure, but I have a question that maybe somebody can help me with on here :

I currently am a 1 year non-O visa holder.

I have a date for my next 90 reporting to immigration on the 26th February 2019

My 1 year Non-O visa, this visa expires on 4th March 2019.

Question : will I get another 90 day extension from the 26th February, or do I need to go and get my new visa before the 4th March ?

Only real info please, no guesses or assumptions please.

Thank you in advance.

• Sad 1

From the information you supply I am not sure. Do you have a multiple entry Non-Imm O visa or an extension of permission of stay? Doing a 90 day report cannot extend a visa nor a Permission of Stay extension.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

From the information you supply I am not sure. Do you have a multiple entry Non-Imm O visa or an extension of permission of stay? Doing a 90 day report cannot extend a visa!

My visa is a Non-O based on marriage, so every 90 days I report to immigration and they give me a date for my next 90 day report. So it is an extension of permission of stay im sure.

Edited by gezzie
  • Sad 1

The 90 day reporting has no effect on this. Make your next report as per the date (or 15 days before or maximum 7 days after).

You will need to renew your extension, for a year, prior to 4th March.  I might even go get it started before the 90 day report, ie Early February.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gezzie said:

My visa is a Non-O based on marriage, so every 90 days I report to immigration and they give me a date for my next 90 day report.

You have one year extension of stay based upon marriage not a non-o visa if you are doing 90 day reports to immigration. The 90 day report is not an extension.

You can do your report on February 26th. You can do the report up to 15 days before the report date or up to 7 days late.

You can apply for your extension of stay up to 30 days early.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gezzie said:

I currently am a 1 year non-O visa holder.

You do have a Non 'O' visa, however, it can no longer be used to enter the country. Having entered the country with the Non 'O' visa it qualifies you to extend your stay.

You currently have permission to stay (permit) allowing you to stay until 4th March.

I have a date for my next 90 reporting to immigration on the 26th February 2019

My 1 year Non-O visa, this visa expires on 4th March 2019.

Reporting your address every 90 days (90 day report) and renewing your permission to stay (permit) are two entirely separate requirements.

Your Non 'O' visa will have already expired. It's your permission to stay that is expiring on 4th March.

Question : will I get another 90 day extension from the 26th February, or do I need to go and get my new visa before the 4th March ?

• You can make your next 90 day report between 11th February and 4th March.
  • You can apply for your next extension of stay between between 3rd February and 4th March.

So if you go to immigration any day between 11th February and 4th March you will be able to make your 90 day report and apply for a new 1 year extension of stay.