Security scanning Chaing Mai airport?

Muppet2019

Ceramics and plastics...?

I go through the multiple checks points at KL quite a lot.

The volume of people can be huge. I watch the eyes of the guy sitting watching the x ray screening of the bags ....no way is he paying too much attention....all the time.

Let us pray..

19 hours ago, Muppet2019 said:

But you can walk right past it, there are plenty of entrances you can walk through and then check in. Totally pointless.

I have never seen any door where you can walk through with being screened. There are exit only doors, but those are staffed with security guards who will prevent you from entering.

So where are these "plenty of entrances you can walk through" located?

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:40 AM, EricTh said:

The point for screening is to detect bombs, guns from terrorists.

In Chiangmai and Don Meuang older terminal , they do it as there are no scanning after checking. This is why their put those stickers that the check-in agent check,  I know because one  sticker was missing at check-in one time  and I had to go back to scan again at the door.

Modern airport the checked bags pass X-ray on the way down by the convoyer.  In the new Don Meuand section you can see it and they ask to wait for you bag to go by the scanner before leaving the area.

So you can be sure that if an airport do not  X-ray at the entrance door, it is done later underground or just after the check-in area,

14 hours ago, cnx355 said:

In Chiangmai and Don Meuang older terminal , they do it as there are no scanning after checking. This is why their put those stickers that the check-in agent check,  I know because one  sticker was missing at check-in one time  and I had to go back to scan again at the door.

Modern airport the checked bags pass X-ray on the way down by the convoyer.  In the new Don Meuand section you can see it and they ask to wait for you bag to go by the scanner before leaving the area.

So you can be sure that if an airport do not  X-ray at the entrance door, it is done later underground or just after the check-in area,

The problem here is that anyone can walk in unchecked, so if 2 nefarious people worked together, it would be very easy to swith a bad item from the bag that didn't get checked to the one with the sticker at CNX.

It's actually the worst airport security I've seen the world over.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Poopyface said:

The problem here is that anyone can walk in unchecked, so if 2 nefarious people worked together, it would be very easy to swith a bad item from the bag that didn't get checked to the one with the sticker at CNX.

It's actually the worst airport security I've seen the world over.

I posted this earlier, but since you didn't answer, perhaps  you missed it:

I have never seen any door where you can walk through with being screened. There are exit only doors, but those are staffed with security guards who will prevent you from entering.

So where are these "plenty of entrances you can walk through" located?

Archived