Thailand 96th in world for honesty - 35,000 state corruption cases in last decade

rooster59

Thailand 96th in world for honesty -  35,000 state corruption cases in last decade

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUzMS83NjU2OTQyL25ld3MwNC5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Sanook reported that corruption among state officials in Thailand was decreasing year on year. 

But the problem was still big and needed to constantly be addressed.

In the latest figures Thailand rated 37 points on an international honesty index placing it in 96th place among 180 countries. 

The kingdom rated the fourth most honest country in ASEAN behind Singapore, Brunei and Malaysia. 

Government spokesman Wisanu Khreuangam said things were getting better but it was an ongoing drive to rid the country of corruption among state officials. 

He revealed there had been 35,580 claims of state employee corruption in the last 11 years since 2008. 

Sanook did not report on how many of these resulted in prosecution, however. 

The 96th place and 4th in ASEAN related to figures from 2017.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-26

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

35,580 claims of state employee corruption in the last 11 years since 2008. 

35,579 ere sent to inactive posts ! ????????????????

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

corruption among state officials in Thailand was decreasing year on year. 

Might that reduction might also be the result of consolidating corruption by government leadership that holds absolute power, not bound by the rule of law and has constitutional guaranteed amnesty?

25 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Might that reduction might also be the result of consolidating corruption by government leadership that holds absolute power, not bound by the rule of law and has constitutional guaranteed amnesty?

This is just the corruption they found / is reported. No way to know how much it is for real. Most of it stays hidden I wonder how much corruption there really is and if it is getting better or worse. It think there is almost no way to find out.

I do know that the cops now more often then before put people in jail for drunk driving. So there is some improvement not sure if it is the same for all corruption.

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He revealed there had been 35,580 claims of state employee corruption in the last 11 years since 2008. 

I can probably help him with that. Less than 10 I would estimate. Good job fellas.

I am from the USA.  Please tell me which country does not have corruption?  In Mexico you bring cash to bribe officials.  It USA we give our politicians the ability to start " foundations"  make great real estate deals, access to stock insider information or grant special government licenses I can assure you the USA is as corrupt and evil as any country.  We are just more sophisticated in how our corruption works. 

6 hours ago, robblok said:

This is just the corruption they found / is reported. No way to know how much it is for real. Most of it stays hidden I wonder how much corruption there really is and if it is getting better or worse. It think there is almost no way to find out.

I do know that the cops now more often then before put people in jail for drunk driving. So there is some improvement not sure if it is the same for all corruption.

This is probably because less and less people have money to pay as the economy is on a downturn.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I am from the USA.  Please tell me which country does not have corruption?  In Mexico you bring cash to bribe officials.  It USA we give our politicians the ability to start " foundations"  make great real estate deals, access to stock insider information or grant special government licenses I can assure you the USA is as corrupt and evil as any country.  We are just more sophisticated in how our corruption works. 

No doubt true, but that doesn't make it OK, and even worse funds taken in corruption in this country, a third world developing country, is massive and severely reducing development of education, health, effective policing and lots more...

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

You seem upset when Prawit is mentioned for corruption. Such a loyal servant. 

Just like you are upset when Thaksin is mentioned. Both corrupt thugs and both should be mentioned. When talking about in your face corruption.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Just another of your less than honest posts...

You know it Eric will never say anything bad about Thaksin. Some people never learn. They can only attack one side but are to blind about the corruption on their side.

The sad truth is that they all corrupt, and none of them want to change a thing. Otherwise I am sure it had happened. I can't recall the PTP ever trying to make any anti corruption laws. I do remember that their boss tried to bribe judges and such with a cake box full of money. So Just as corrupt as the junta and just as interested in fighting corruption as the junta.

They only want to fight the corruption committed by their political enemies. 

Archived