Nighttime annoyance: "It's only natural for dogs to bark", head of TSPCA

19 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Dogs only bark during the night (as far as I know) -

Not so....dogs can bark incessantly (at their own shadow so-to-speak) when locked up in a yard on their own ( i.e. bored shitless)

Dogs bark at strangers nearing their “ patch “ .
I live in a small moobahn and about 50% own dogs ,when I first moved here I would create a “ Mexican wave “ of dogs barking as I rode my bicycle past their property.
Now they usually come to their respective gates and the look on their faces says “ uh it’s only that stupid human again !, why doesn’t he buy a car ? “ , and not a bark t be heard.

Having said that, the pit bull across the road always barks at any members of my next door neighbours house but not me ?
I’d say there’s some history there !!

Most dogs here are not trained and almost not taken care off. Even when they are inside the land or house they bark when they want: people, other dogs or cats passing by on the road, other dogs barking, being bored.

A well trained watch dog is quite. It snarls when someone or something is approaching your gate or land. It barks only when someone or something is entering or trying to enter your land.

22 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Dogs only bark during the night (as far as I know) - if they are disturbed about something they hear or see?  Otherwise, like us, they mostly sleep during the night.

One of my dogs (I can only assume) has taken it has her duty to 'protect us', and barks aggressively  whenever somebody comes close to our house - and I appreciate this.  Both my dogs stay inside the bedroom with me during the night.

Depends on the type of dog. Guardian dogs. for example, are specifically bred to be nocturnal. 

On 1/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, jak2002003 said:

Will they extend this law to crowing rooster too?

What about all the dogs wandering around free in the villages?  

What about the cats screaming and fighting on the garden wall outside my window in the night?

How about the loud croaking frogs or tokay gecko?

Its normal for a dog to bark occasionally.  

But, I agree and dog barking endlessly for hours throughout the night is another matter.

You nailed it . Have a doctor neighbour who has 8 dogs , two are kept in the house and the other six left to their own devices . They lay around outside of the house and chase motor bikes and as a pack growl and bark at pedestrians . Barking through the night for no reason but my lady sleeps through it but not me , also her cock birds start at 03 00 hours . This is a new pack of dogs as the previous lot were poisoned 2 years ago . I think that complaining would be pointless as it seems to be an accepted way of life here .    However Thailand and its dogs are to me a major problem that needs addressing . 

Archived