When do you think we'll get a Taco Bell location?

Hal65

Their fresco menu isn't too bad compared to other fast food. I hear they have a target for 40 locations by 2022, 3 years from now. For comparison I read that McDonalds has 227 locations across Thailand

I'm thinking end of 2020 we'll see a location open along Beach Rd or one of the malls.

Or is that too early? 

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nah. Probably this year.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There are already several horribly mediocre, over-priced "Mexican" restaurants in Pattaya, why add another one? I lived in the US for 50+ years and went into a Taco Bell one time. If Taco Bell comes to Pattaya, I will visit it one time less.....  

Their fresco menu isn't too bad compared to other fast food. I hear they have a target for 40 locations by 2022, 3 years from now. For comparison I read that McDonalds has 227 locations across Thailand

I'm thinking end of 2020 we'll see a location open along Beach Rd or one of the malls.

Or is that too early? 
Depends on how quickly medical marijuana is made available to the masses.

I believe there is a correlation [emoji14]

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

Depends on how quickly medical marijuana is made available to the masses.

I believe there is a correlation emoji14.png

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is very good munchies after a buzz or some drinking.

In the past I have filled up on TB after a dubie and wait..wait.  I then would go vomit my guts out and feel so much better.

TB is definitely the bomb..so to speak.

12 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Hopefully never, one of the changes that has made Thailand worse over the last 25 years is the growth of multi nationals that make everywhere end up looking the same.

I think I remember a Taco Bell on Sukhumvit when I lived in Bangkok 24 years ago? Next to a Wendy's? Not far from Nana on the odd side of the road.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I think I remember a Taco Bell on Sukhumvit when I lived in Bangkok 24 years ago? Next to a Wendy's? Not far from Nana on the odd side of the road.

There was never a taco bell in Thailand before. I spent a lot of time in that area from 92 on. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I was living in Bangkok at that time and "sure" I remember a Taco Bell, I thought it was in the Robinson building where MD ended up ????

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Me too!!

I'd just arrived from Saudi where I'd seen my first Taco Bell which is why I'm sure I remember it.

Good ???? thought I was going senile - er ! ????

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it in Bkk and I was not impressed. Menu is too limited and they don't have beef yet. They had ran out of ground chicken and shredded port was ok and I don't understand why they have to grill all of the burritos. I would welcome one here when they get this worked out. 

Taco bell in Manila and in Korea are spot on.

One thing I noticed was the fire sauce it was double spicy as the US version, the US version is not really spicy at all. I could only taste the spice after putting it on my taco. 

Thanks for setting the "taco bell" in bangkok in the 90's straight. I knew there was never one before and we would make coffee runs to Mcdonalds on Silom after the first one open as that was the only place with real coffee in thailand back then.  I also had tried every other American franchise to open in Thailand up until the crash in 97 when several couldn't survive. 

Archived