BANGKOK 21 February 2019 14:32
Hal65

When do you think we'll get a Taco Bell location?

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Poppycock.

Manzanas y naranjas.

Past experiences says different.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I think I remember a Taco Bell on Sukhumvit when I lived in Bangkok 24 years ago? Next to a Wendy's? Not far from Nana on the odd side of the road.

There was never a taco bell in Thailand before. I spent a lot of time in that area from 92 on. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I think I remember a Taco Bell on Sukhumvit when I lived in Bangkok 24 years ago? Next to a Wendy's? Not far from Nana on the odd side of the road.

I was living in Bangkok at that time and "sure" I remember a Taco Bell, I thought it was in the Robinson building where MD ended up 🤔

"Mexico is getting their own phone company."

"Really? What is it called?"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CGW said:

I was living in Bangkok at that time and "sure" I remember a Taco Bell, I thought it was in the Robinson building where MD ended up 🤔

No not in Robinson's further down between there and Nana.

21 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

There was never a taco bell in Thailand before. I spent a lot of time in that area from 92 on. 

I arrived in '94.

What was next to the Wendy's?

Well I would welcome an TB outlet...🤗

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No not in Robinson's further down between there and Nana.

I was drinking a lot at the time so not certain apart from there was definitely one in that area!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CGW said:

I was drinking a lot at the time so not certain apart from there was definitely one in that area!

Me too!!

I'd just arrived from Saudi where I'd seen my first Taco Bell which is why I'm sure I remember it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Me too!!

I'd just arrived from Saudi where I'd seen my first Taco Bell which is why I'm sure I remember it.

Good 🙂 thought I was going senile - er ! 😜

I tried it in Bkk and I was not impressed. Menu is too limited and they don't have beef yet. They had ran out of ground chicken and shredded port was ok and I don't understand why they have to grill all of the burritos. I would welcome one here when they get this worked out. 

Taco bell in Manila and in Korea are spot on.

One thing I noticed was the fire sauce it was double spicy as the US version, the US version is not really spicy at all. I could only taste the spice after putting it on my taco. 

Thanks for setting the "taco bell" in bangkok in the 90's straight. I knew there was never one before and we would make coffee runs to Mcdonalds on Silom after the first one open as that was the only place with real coffee in thailand back then.  I also had tried every other American franchise to open in Thailand up until the crash in 97 when several couldn't survive.