Cheap Timex Watch. Where should I go in CM?

puukao

Doesn't hurt to ask.  I want a cheap Timex, Quartz movement.  used it probably fine.  few thousand baht.  I just woke up today and said, "I want a Timex."  it happens.  

So, where is the best place to go?  Of course I see many watch places, but maybe someone can narrow the search.

Thanks.  Only Timex.  

24 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Central KSK

i haven't been to central yet this year.  you know, with that whole maya thing.....actually, haven't been there in years.  

but maybe tomorrow i will go visit.

I know you want a Timex but Timex isn't all that cheap anymore.  I used to have several expensive watches but now I just buy the cheap Chinese watches.  They can look pretty good and do tell the time and will survive rain and usually I get them for like ฿200.

Timex is having a big sale now.  I’d bet that even with import duty it will be far less expensive than buying locally.

For example...  Timex weekender chronograph...

Robinsons: ฿5950

Shopee:     ฿5200

Lazada:      ฿5760 

Timex.com. ฿1435

Amazon:     ฿1432 (including shipping and customs duties)

The watch in question...

CE228408-C36A-45CC-AE5D-556C781BB0EE.jpeg

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Timex, and other name brand watches, cost two to three times as much in Thailand as they do in the US.  Watches are among the things you should bring to Thailand. 

lots of things cheaper in my home country, but i'm not bringing them all to Thailand.  right?  who cares, few thousand baht.  don't worry about what i do with my money, just try to be helpful with the question posed to people who like to be helpful.

Doesn't hurt to ask.  I want a cheap Timex, Quartz movement.  used it probably fine.  few thousand baht.  I just woke up today and said, "I want a Timex."  it happens.  

So, where is the best place to go?  Of course I see many watch places, but maybe someone can narrow the search.

Thanks.  Only Timex.  
I have one like this if you are interested. Bought it in the US. I'm in China but return to CM on Wednesday.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XiwuvfesLkmvCtvm7

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, puukao said:

lots of things cheaper in my home country, but i'm not bringing them all to Thailand.  right?  who cares, few thousand baht.  don't worry about what i do with my money, just try to be helpful with the question posed to people who like to be helpful.

In that case you want a contradiction in terms.  A cheap Timex watch costs about $30, roughly a thousand baht, and the way to get one is to select the one you want on Amazon, have a friend in the west planning to come to Thailand order it for you and bring it over.  However it doesn't appear you want a helpful answer.

Since it doesn't appear you mind paying a few thousand baht more than necessary, your question should have been "Where can I get an overpriced Timex watch?".

BTW: Is bringing a wristwatch into Thailand all that difficult?  It's not like it will put you over the weight limit on your luggage.

14 hours ago, Airalee said:

Timex is having a big sale now.  I’d bet that even with import duty it will be far less expensive than buying locally.

For example...  Timex weekender chronograph...

Robinsons: ฿5950

Shopee:     ฿5200

Lazada:      ฿5760 

Timex.com. ฿1435

Amazon:     ฿1432 (including shipping and customs duties)

The watch in question...

CE228408-C36A-45CC-AE5D-556C781BB0EE.jpeg

I stand corrected:  Watches in Thailand cost three to four times as much as they do in the west, not two to three times as much.

SORTED:  Found and bought a Timex at Robinsons or wherever on the first floor of central plaza.   

Read this suckers:  Price I paid was 100 baht CHEAPER than Amazon.  

Warranty one year, but who knows what might happen.  But that is another topic.  

60% off I guess means about what Amazon is charging in America.   I didn't care to check before I bought the watch, they had what I wanted and the price, in my head, seemed competitive.  

I spend 45,000 on a watch before, had to show off for business.   Helped me for maybe 5 years, then sold it for pennies.  

OK, my next watch......  I've tried most brands.  Maybe I'll try a Seiko next, but I want to go to Japan and buy a couple.

Mods;  Thread can be closed, my question was answered.  

To other posters:  I've been in Thailand for YEARS.  I just decided on a Timex a few months ago.  So, use your brain, figure it out......55555

Guys telling me to just bring it on the plane.  

Can anyone think outside the box???  I want to go swimming but no goggles.  Guys will say, "just bring them on the plane!!!" But I just thought of swimming 2 days ago and have been here 11 years.  Do you get it???  LOL

31 minutes ago, puukao said:

SORTED:  Found and bought a Timex at Robinsons or wherever on the first floor of central plaza.   

60% off I guess means about what Amazon is charging in America.   I didn't care to check before I bought the watch, they had what I wanted and the price, in my head, seemed competitive.  

I spend 45,000 on a watch before, had to show off for business.   Helped me for maybe 5 years, then sold it for pennies.  

OK, my next watch......  I've tried most brands.  Maybe I'll try a Seiko next, but I want to go to Japan and buy a couple.

Timex lol

56 minutes ago, puukao said:

So...people try to help you and you come back and call us suckers because you saved 100 baht?  You’ll really be a baller with your upcoming Seiko 5.  Maybe you’ll save ฿200 next time.

4 hours ago, puukao said:

You didn't check the price but you know it was 100 baht cheaper than America? 

Enjoy your overpriced Timex.

4 hours ago, puukao said:

To other posters:  I've been in Thailand for YEARS.  I just decided on a Timex a few months ago.  So, use your brain, figure it out......55555

Guys telling me to just bring it on the plane.  

Can anyone think outside the box???  I want to go swimming but no goggles.  Guys will say, "just bring them on the plane!!!" But I just thought of swimming 2 days ago and have been here 11 years.  Do you get it???  LOL

Most people planning to spend a few years in Thailand will anticipate the desire to go swimming, and to tell the time, and will pack accordingly.

Of course most people don't wake up and suddenly desire a Timex, spend months thinking about it, ask for help then obnoxiously reject well intentioned advice, then buy at the most obvious place in Chiang Mai.

Archived