Is USA Craigslist Blocked ??

(1) Replies to listings in "Craigslist Bangkok" functions perfectly from BKK
(2) Replies to "Craigslist Any Town USA" do not work!
I run some heavy duty antivirus and VPN software on both my older Windows 7 machine, and my new Windows 10 laptop.
Do other people get this error, or is it just me? (Image attached)

craigslist.JPG

2 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I get the same CL error response for Canadian Craigslist. I know from earlier experience Kijiji posts/replies are also blocked from foreign IPs. 

Thanks for that feedback! ... My VPN works really well on many sites ... but is a "fail" on Craigslist.  

Can anyone explain a rational reason for this?  And whose side is generating this block??

Like, you are going to go back to the USA, need to rent an apartment ... but are blocked?  What?

59 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You will also get this error if you use a chrome browser with an incognito window.

Dear Blackcab,

I appreciate your interest and reply ... really ... but do you know of any circumstance form BKK where a USA Craigslist will succeed?  

2 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Do other people get this error, or is it just me?

i got the same error message from Thailand (Hua Hin) with or without a VPN. Remember many websites can detect VPN's now.

I am using Firefox and Windows 10.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i got the same error message from Thailand (Hua Hin) with or without a VPN. Remember many websites can detect VPN's now.

I am using Firefox and Windows 10.

Roger that ... thanks for the heads up.  Please reach out if you find a way.  
(I am using Chrome and Windows 7 on "Laptop 1" ... and Chrome and Windows 10 on "Laptop 2".  Both use the paid Pro version of AVAST, including the VPN feature)

2 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Roger that ... thanks for the heads up.  Please reach out if you find a way.  
(I am using Chrome and Windows 7 on "Laptop 1" ... and Chrome and Windows 10 on "Laptop 2".  Both use the paid Pro version of AVAST, including the VPN feature)

i was able to log on, look at listings, but no reply function.

i wonder if craigslist uses cookies, maybe you need to delete them and then log in with a VPN. 

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i was able to log on, look at listings, but no reply function.

i wonder if craigslist uses cookies, maybe you need to delete them and then log in with a VPN. 

I am able to log on and see listings, but not reply (pretty frustrating)
Yes, CL uses cookies. I did clear all my cache, internet history, and cookies (which, as you know ... sucks .. because you have to re-log into everything) ... still no luck.  I then disabled AVAST ... Nope.  I think I need to locate any ad blockers and try again.
We seem to be living in an era of a reduction of data liquidity for users, a polite way of saying "Thai Firewall?"

also reply to this listing did not work with a VPN from outside Thailand. :cheesy:

Capture.JPG

Possibly a bit of TMI (Too Much Information) 555 ... but you have actually answered the other question, which is, is the cross border issue in both directions?  

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

I just type in Craigslist Los Angeles motorcycles or cars and it works fine. Using my iPad. When I went back three years ago I posted stuff on there I was selling and sold it all in two weeks.

you are able to reply from within Thailand right now?

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

also reply to this listing did not work with a VPN from outside Thailand. :cheesy:

Capture.JPG

You know, he could have just called Vlad and he could have set this up pronto presto!

don.png

Thailand Craigslist within the Kingdom is 100% ... reply included (please refer to original posting)

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Hold On!  Are you saying you can access LA, and REPLY to an advertisement?  Reply is the issue here ... not viewing content.  (Edit:  Ignore this, it was meant for Manzell)

8 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I just type in Craigslist Los Angeles motorcycles or cars and it works fine. Using my iPad. When I went back three years ago I posted stuff on there I was selling and sold it all in two weeks.

Mansell, The issue we are discussing is not "seeing" USA postings, it is REPLYING to them.  Are you saying (a) you are in Thailand (b) can REPLY to a USA Craigslist posting?

2 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Hold On!  Are you saying you can access LA, and REPLY to an advertisement?  Reply is the issue here ... not viewing content.

no. i was asking the question for below.

9 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Archived