Finding private English tutor in Bangkok area

thaigeek

My wife only speaks Thai (did not finish middle school, but she does like to read) and I only speak English.  We communicate pretty well (body language, computer translation, etc...) but want to go the next step.  I work, and she does not any more, so having her learn English makes the most sense at the present time.  Are there private tutors available in Bangkok?  Female tutors strongly preferred as she is shy.  And is there a right number of hours a day to be tutored (don't want to overwhelm my wife but when I ask her she says as many hours as I want so not too much help there)?  Cost is not really a factor.

is your wife a complete beginner? if so i would suggest a thai english teacher, or a foreigner with a good command of English as explanation will be important for understanding. check the qualifications/experience of any proposed tutor and get recommendations if possible.

if she's not a complete beginner and you live near the banglampu area i may be able to help. PM me.

6 minutes ago, thaigeek said:

Yes, she is a complete beginner.  She can say 'hi, darling,' but that is about the extent of it.

We live in the Bang Kho Laem District, adjacent to the Chao Phraya River.

there's a very presentable and professional looking female thai english teacher teaching children at a friend's work place. it's in banglmapu so may be a bit far, but i'd be happy to speak to her and pass on your details if you dont find anyone else.

Archived