BANGKOK
Kadilo

FA Cup

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Clearly I’m sure getting into the top 4 is still any clubs priority but what I think he is trying to say the good feel good factor that you get by winning games in any trophy can carry the momentum going forwards. 

The message he he has sent out is a positive one for the club and fans in contrast to some of the more negative comments re the FA Cup recently stated by other managers. 

Both a clever interview and an honest one. 

If you watch the press conference, the journalists were trying to trap him. About 3 of them in a row tried to get a rise out of him on the same point - basically trying get him to say definitively that the cups are more important than top 4, or vice versa. He didn't fall into the trap, and basically found 3 different ways of saying that they are both important.

The result is a headline slightly less juicy, but a positive one for the club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If you watch the press conference, the journalists were trying to trap him. About 3 of them in a row tried to get a rise out of him on the same point - basically trying get him to say definitively that the cups are more important than top 4, or vice versa. He didn't fall into the trap, and basically found 3 different ways of saying that they are both important.

The result is a headline slightly less juicy, but a positive one for the club. 

I’m sure they are all sharpening their knives for when (if) his fortunes take a down turn but up til now he is definitely showing he has learned a lot from upstairs, not just in the coaching/ management side but in the media side too. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m sure they are all sharpening their knives for when (if) his fortunes take a down turn but up til now he is definitely showing he has learned a lot from upstairs, not just in the coaching/ management side but in the media side too. 

Yeah... I can hear a little bit of Fergie in some things he says. But he can be his own man too.