Alleged poachers with wild boar flesh arrested in Kanchanburi

webfact

Alleged poachers with wild boar flesh arrested

By The Nation

f1eb4a76cec6a7ce432c1b9a8586bf5c.jpeg

Kanchanaburi -Sri Nakharindra Dam National Park rangers on Saturday nabbed two alleged poachers with a sack of more than 10kg of wild boar flesh.

The rangers' chief had ordered them to conduct a patrol when they encountered the alleged poachers on the way. The suspects reportedly drove their motorcycles into the rangers, injuring some of them.

The two suspects, however, were nabbed. The rangers reportedly found a sack stuffed with the skin of a wild boar and its flesh.

They handed the suspects over to the police who charged them with illegal wildlife hunting and possession of a wild animal as well as illegal entrance into the national park without permission.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363024

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-28

Good work. This probably comes at a bad time (or should I say a good time) for Premchai trial. If he buys his way out of his black panther mess, it would be difficult to come down hard on these poachers. Equal justice for all would be refreshing. Lock 'm up.

3 hours ago, neeray said:

If [Premchai] buys his way out of his black panther mess, it would be difficult to come down hard on these poachers. Equal justice for all would be refreshing.

Premchai has been prosecuted tenaciously. He already failed miserably to bribe, delay, and buy his way out. I hope the same seriousness and diligence is applied to every hunting case in the forest, not just when a rich guy is caught. Cases like these often go into a black hole and we never hear about it again and wonder what happened. It's a good sign though they were slapped with 3 different charges though puzzling that running over and injuring rangers wasn't one of them.

17 minutes ago, canopy said:

Premchai has been prosecuted tenaciously. He already failed miserably to bribe, delay, and buy his way out. I hope the same seriousness and diligence is applied to every hunting case in the forest, not just when a rich guy is caught. Cases like these often go into a black hole and we never hear about it again and wonder what happened. It's a good sign though they were slapped with 3 different charges though puzzling that running over and injuring rangers wasn't one of them.

Yes would be good to see how these guys are punished to see how it compares to premchai. Though his punishment should be more severe as he killed a protected species.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Na,na, naaa, not so fast, tycoons like him will find a way to get away somehow, like every influential personality in Thailand.....

I would have considered wild boars pests as they are in Texas and many other US states. Regardless wild boars vs. endangered big cats are not quite the same. I expect these guys to get a moderate penalty.

They should ask for a work permit in USA, which has a real problem with boars.

Maybe as well catch the lion fish and the asian carp, which are other problems in USA.

O i forgot the python, another problem. Killerbee is somehow difficult, but maybe as well.

14 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

They should ask for a work permit in USA...

I think about that all the time. In so many places in America there are pests in the wildlife the government probably spend billions of dollars trying to control them. They even go to the extent of paying experts to shoot deer with sterilizers instead of making money off hunters. And think of hawaii there are all the chickens running around in the forest they can't get rid of. All they need to do is move a few thai or hmong families nearby and these problems will go away real quickly.

Archived