bad night in Cowboy

nikmar

That is a good story  Some Thai woman will believe it and feel sorry for you because they think you were taken advantage of

Maybe you spend the money missing from your account You were out of it so this is plausible

Regardless I see though this story Surprised your wife does not

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, neeray said:

Your evening out, behind the backs of family, sounds so mature. Hope it was worth it.

But at least you came to this realization, "So now im quitting drink for the forseeable at least to concentrate on family".

Hope you can turn these words into action.

Do any bars in Thailand have somewhere big enough outside for you to tie the high horse that you're riding on, so you can get down and have go in for a drink?

Dont worry, remorse wears off like a hangover. You will eventually get over the night and get on with life. We (most) have all had nights we would like to forget. Stop drinking when you want to, rather than because you feel guilty, it will be easier to maintain and less stressful. I black out on vodka and it took a couple of blacked out nights to realise that, so maybe you were actually reacting to a specific drink. 

I rarely drink now, few times a year only due to my body not tolerating alcohol anymore, but I do miss the odd bender. I dont like to say I dont drink because its too final.

6 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Nice neighbour indeed!

Yah exactly. My first thought after reading the OP was why don’t you sit down and have a chat with your freaking nosy tattle tale neighbor! Make sure you do it at 3am when they are obviously up looking to tattle AND be drunk when you knock on the door! 

your story is a reminder-that we always need to be wary  of the people around us ,when drinking..

i have been to soi cowboy twice recently.. both times the bars were almost deserted, overpriced drinks and bored girls... even nana plaza was better and cheaper..

i live in pattaya area.. so i will never pick up a girl from beach rd--too risky for being drugged..

my regular girls from gogo bars, i take back to my condo...ALL  valuables are hidden....ive never had any problems.

if ever i fancy a girl, that im unsure about..i would rather pay 300thb for a short time room--keeps it simple..

i dont think its wise to ever go with a girl that you dont know, when very drunk..

this is asking for trouble.

but...it would still be sooo easy for them to spike our drinks in the bar ???

i have never experienced this, though....

Yeah it happens a lot. Happen to a friend of mine about 3 years ago a sandwich shop on sukhumvit soi 7/2 up the road from World Inn. Lucky just his phone and his drinking allowance taken. He was concerned and went to a hospital and had blood work done and was a Rohypnol-like drug. One Rohypnol is enough to cause memory loss. Also can put you in Zombie mode. You should go get checked out. 

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

There is a drug used to render victims compliant. Leaves them with no memory of what happened. If this was used, maybe you gave your PIN to whoever was with you. Then they tried to withdraw money, but your card perhaps locked them out at a certain limit.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Might be a good idea to change the locks on your front door for safety's sake.

Its called Beer

Sure, maybe got dosed. 

Not saying curl up and die after 50, I can still get down, but have made an effort, badly sometimes but an effort nonetheless, to adjust fire a bit on the frequency.

That good old Hank Jr. song comes to mind. Damn!  ????

Happened to a mate last year in Cowboy.

Also money and nothing else touched.

The bar he was in was called xxxxxxxx Road.

So beware people. Leave the cards at home and never take your passport with you. It's not needed despite all the BS some cops try to tell you.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo1964 said:

Happened to a mate last year in Cowboy.

Also money and nothing else touched.

The bar he was in was called xxxxxxxx Road.

So beware people. Leave the cards at home and never take your passport with you. It's not needed despite all the BS some cops try to tell you.

Or do not go to Cowboy.

One of the biggest rip off tourist trap bad attitude places in the country.

38 minutes ago, murraynz said:

your story is a reminder-that we always need to be wary  of the people around us ,when drinking..

i have been to soi cowboy twice recently.. both times the bars were almost deserted, overpriced drinks and bored girls... even nana plaza was better and cheaper..

i live in pattaya area.. so i will never pick up a girl from beach rd--too risky for being drugged..

my regular girls from gogo bars, i take back to my condo...ALL  valuables are hidden....ive never had any problems.

if ever i fancy a girl, that im unsure about..i would rather pay 300thb for a short time room--keeps it simple..

i dont think its wise to ever go with a girl that you dont know, when very drunk..

this is asking for trouble.

but...it would still be sooo easy for them to spike our drinks in the bar ???

i have never experienced this, though....

Solid advice.

Call me a traditionalist, but I've always found spiking drinks to be an abhorrent practice. I prefer the "does this cloth smell like chloroform" line instead

8 hours ago, neeray said:

Your evening out, behind the backs of family, sounds so mature. Hope it was worth it.

But at least you came to this realization, "So now im quitting drink for the forseeable at least to concentrate on family".

What would TV be without a resident moraliser or twenty?

58 minutes ago, losworld said:

If you have location services turned on your phone and it is an android then you should be able to go to your account settings linked to the phone (google account) and it will have recorded all your movements from the evening. 

Yup - scary if you haven't turned it off.. https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb=!1m2!1m1!1s2019-01-26

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Had it done to me in CM 10 years back.

Roofie doesn't knock you out, but robs you of your memory.

Usually you just wander around in a daze until it wears off, then have no memory of that time when you recover.

To other people you just appear slightly drunk.

Don't go out drinking with anything except the money you expect to spend.

Leave your wallet, cards, passport at home.

As a wise man said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." 
Wisdom comes with experience.  BritManToo is smack on.  If you're going to 'hit the town', don't take more than you're willing to depart with.  That includes your life by the way.  Many of us have done stupid stuff before.  Well, at least those of us who admit it.  Welcome to the club! :wink:

I am not sure why you would say, " . . . my wife is understandably furious . . ."  So, you got home at 3am; what is the problem? Your wife and child were gone, dropping B12k as you say is, ". . . not the end of the world . . ." So, are you not allowed out? 

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Never accept an opened beer. Never get "your" lady friend to get you a beer, always get a "waitress" to do it. 

Etc

Etc

Etc

Oh and the name of the bar is irrelevant can happen anywhere

That's good advice and something I've got to remember to do more often.  Is it me or do most places bring the beer over already opened?  Seems like it...

i too had a horrific experience at soi cowboy recently.  after a few drinks no matter how many times i closed and reopened my eyes, washed them with water, i kept seeing lots of fat chicks with shaking cellulite dancing in bikinis.

i will get a thorough eye exam at a local hospital next week.

9 hours ago, puukao said:

don't quit drinking.  wife leaves so you go to see women and drink whisky?  seems like drinking gets you to forget your life, so keep on drinking.  seems like you want to forget it, leave the wife, and do dangerous things.  next time, drink tons at home and then walk to the bars and get a few girls.  

I highly recommend/insist you do as quoted, dont bother stopping...if that's the redemption/salvation/pleasure you seek...then let her rip....go ALL in.  Why NOT?  Women are plentiful, obviously she is NOT that important, just replace her with your indulgence.  Good luck! Otherwise, drunk farang that fit your description, yeah, I see them all night every night every where.

10 minutes ago, mike787 said:
9 hours ago, puukao said:

don't quit drinking.  wife leaves so you go to see women and drink whisky?  seems like drinking gets you to forget your life, so keep on drinking.  seems like you want to forget it, leave the wife, and do dangerous things.  next time, drink tons at home and then walk to the bars and get a few girls.  

I highly recommend/insist you do as quoted, dont bother stopping...if that's the redemption/salvation/pleasure you seek...then let her rip....go ALL in.  Why NOT?  Women are plentiful, obviously she is NOT that important, just replace her with your indulgence.  Good luck! Otherwise, drunk farang that fit your description, yeah, I see them all night every night every where.

spoken like a true poet and philosopher 

9 hours ago, neeray said:

Nanny state reply at it’s best 

Archived