Wild dogs: Seven year old fighting for life after savage attack on Thai beach

webfact

Wild dogs: Seven year old fighting for life after savage attack on Thai beach

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A seven year old boy is fighting for his life after being attacked by a pack of dogs on a Thai beach. 

"D-Max" was just out playing with his friends when the wild beasts struck.

He was bitten all over his body and had an ear ripped off. 

Three teams of doctors and surgeons at Vichira Phuket hospital are trying to save his life.

Four dogs have been shot by tranquilizer darts and caged amid fears that they are rabid, reported Daily News.

The attack happened at the beach at Ban Tha Nun, Takua Tung district of Phanggna province in Thailand's south. 

Yesterday Lamphaen Taemsee, 43, the mother of Yeunyong Chaiyarap or D-Max was allowed just five minutes to see her stricken son in ICU. 

The seven year old is "aware but under close supervision" said doctors at the hospital. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-28

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again, just another instance to highlight the stupidity of allowing dog packs to roam the streets. They should have been exterminated on the spot, not tranquilised and caged.

Now waiting for the bleeding heart dog brigade to start up, it's not the dogs fault, the kid shouldn't have been there, where we the parents etc etc. 

Guess TAT will be along as well soon on the beauty and safety of impeccable Thai beaches, we cleaned up the beach chairs and cigarette butts, and can guarantee the beaches are dog free. 

way past time the authorities started rounding up all the stray dogs and euthanizing them. Its getting so bad you cant go for a walk without being bailed up by them, it really is beyond a joke. We have a dog and she stays inside our fence line unless she is on a lead, we have to carry a stick to stop the strays from attacking her. Trouble is many thais simply let their dogs roam the streets so they dont have to take care of them or clean up after them, euthanizing them is the only way this problem will be solved

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Now waiting for the bleeding heart dog brigade to start up, it's not the dogs fault, the kid shouldn't have been there, where we the parents etc etc. 

it is not a false dichotomy of 'bleeding heart dog brigade' vs the kill em all brigade.  Research shows that sterilization will bring down the stray dog populations, and that mean a concerted effort from the government to make this happen, not just the work of animal welfare charities such as Soi Dog.

Culling, however attractive it might seem, will not work long term - populations will increase again. Yes, these specific dogs should be put down as they are a danger, but a long term solution to the problem is needed not just knee jerk reactions that lead nowhere. 

Sterilization not only brings down the populations but also helps curb anti-social behavior in the dogs - males dogs become less territorial and aggressive etc.  However, this requires planning and thorough implementation, so I won't hold my breath. 

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

it is not a false dichotomy of 'bleeding heart dog brigade' vs the kill em all brigade.  Research shows that sterilization will bring down the stray dog populations, and that mean a concerted effort from the government to make this happen, not just the work of animal welfare charities such as Soi Dog.

Culling, however attractive it might seem, will not work long term - populations will increase again. Yes, these specific dogs should be put down as they are a danger, but a long term solution to the problem is needed not just knee jerk reactions that lead nowhere. 

Sterilization not only brings down the populations but also helps curb anti-social behavior in the dogs - males dogs become less territorial and aggressive etc.  However, this requires planning and thorough implementation, so I won't hold my breath. 

A combination of both will do the trick...............euthanize those strays without identification, then sterilise the rest.

They are a bloody nuisance and a danger, esp to young children.

I would like to know how many dogs the parents have.there not one house around my village that ain't got less than 2-3 dogs out front ready to pounce on you as you walk by.in fact you can't walk the streets here.ive got two visitors staying here and went for a walk yesterday morning and were back in 3 minutes saying the dogs at the end of the soi were looking for action as they neared them.all of my friends have treadmills as the streets are too dangerous to walk day or night.no one in my village gives a hoot about the problem so nothing will ever change.10 zanax ground up in a meat ball and one dropped off every couple of night will be the only way to humanely rid the problem.the nutty cow across the road is a bad 5 yapping dogs and her shouting at them all day and night.i go to sleep hearing this crap and wake up to it.not one ounce of respect.she even had the Gaul to say we should shut our gate if we didn't want them crapping on out property.i said how about she locks them in hers and don't let them shit up the soi but then came the threats.if a was Thai they would all be dead for sure.8 million baht property surrounded by 100s of dogs and tin hut houses with millions of baht cars.if a young child walked down this soi it would end up as another sad case as in this one.

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Being ripped by a dog pack is a horrible way to go.

Time they solved this growing problem and disposed of all the free range dogs (owned or not).

Poor kid.

Totally agree. And I am a dog owner. Nobody picks up after my dog and she is never allowed free run. Wild soi dogs must be dealt with.

Best wishes little boy and family.

27 minutes ago, mok199 said:

You can tell a society be the way the treat the dogs..this society needs to join the 21st century,packs of dogs do not run wild in any civilized society...

Visit Santiago, Chile sometime and try to explain that to the locals.  Probably the most stray dogs I've ever seen in one place.  Next time you see news videos of street demonstrations there (pretty regular occurance) notice the dogs, they are not the pets of the demonstrators.

2 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Visit Santiago, Chile sometime and try to explain that to the locals.  Probably the most stray dogs I've ever seen in one place.  Next time you see news videos of street demonstrations there (pretty regular occurance) notice the dogs, they are not the pets of the demonstrators.

I  lived in Vung Tao  vnam for a year ,and every week or two a man would ride his scooter by the house with a huge cage on the back full of the stray barely live dogs he was delivering to be slaughtered...I am a dog lover and owner and that was hard to watch..have a good one sir

I recently added a clip-on 'dashcam' to my excersise attire in order to capture an aggressive pack snarling within a meter en-route. As yet I only need to raise my stick to keep them at bay but will quite rightly use it if necessary.

Our local copper had the right idea after his son was attacked by a pack that roamed in our soi. I heard him one evening giving them all a dose of 9mm . Problem solved. I had a dog at one stage, but it got stolen from the front garden, sadly way too trusting.

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

After several encounters while excersising I have recently added a clip-on 'dashcam' to my attire for my own protection for when I finally use the stick that I have to carry while walking in order to keep the feral territorial menace at bay.

An electric cattle prod will do the trick.......and how!!

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

Sterilisation works, sort of and for a while, a continual cull gives a permanent solution. 

Whats it coming to when a young lad cannot play on the beach,

without nearly losing his life,and suffering horrendous injuries,

maybe now the powers that be will act and do something about

the dangerous menace that are feral dogs,they usually move to

do something AFTER the fact,so lets hope they get their finger

out and come up with an urgent solution.

regards worgeordie

Archived