Wild dogs: Seven year old fighting for life after savage attack on Thai beach

webfact

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get rid of them all immediately i say. Enough is enough. Its a human world not planet of the dogs.

The other day wild dogs killed one of my dogs on my property. The dogs belong to a neighbour who flattly refused they were the owners even though theyve had the dogs the entire time weve lived here and i have it on camera. So instead of owning up and even offering a 100b apology atleast the main culprit dog has dissapeared and the police wouldnt do anything even though for the first time the police here actually assisted which was new.

My bigger german shephards i have to keep inside even though i have 15rai because neighbours wont keep there dam dogs to themselves and i have to protect mine as mine are fed and looked after therefore not viscous pack animals. Funny fact is my neighbours encourage there dogs to be annoying. I have run down about 4 and shot one and slit the throats of 2 Most in retaliation for killing goats and for trying to bite my son on the way to school. Im doing my part to make thailand great again  or for the first time or something...

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

it is not a false dichotomy of 'bleeding heart dog brigade' vs the kill em all brigade.  Research shows that sterilization will bring down the stray dog populations, and that mean a concerted effort from the government to make this happen, not just the work of animal welfare charities such as Soi Dog.

Culling, however attractive it might seem, will not work long term - populations will increase again. Yes, these specific dogs should be put down as they are a danger, but a long term solution to the problem is needed not just knee jerk reactions that lead nowhere. 

Sterilization not only brings down the populations but also helps curb anti-social behavior in the dogs - males dogs become less territorial and aggressive etc.  However, this requires planning and thorough implementation, so I won't hold my breath. 

To expensive.

9mm or club is more cost effective.

51 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

One kid gets attacked and people expect the government to do something !!!

25,000 die each year on the roads and the government hardly lift their snouts from the trough to take air....

True what you said, but it's not the same

As most ( not all ) of what you see on the roads is self-inflicted by selfish idiots.

This was a little boy going out to play. 

54 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Whats it coming to when a young lad cannot play on the beach,

without nearly losing his life,and suffering horrendous injuries,

maybe now the powers that be will act and do something about

the dangerous menace that are feral dogs,they usually move to

do something AFTER the fact,so lets hope they get their finger

out and come up with an urgent solution.

regards worgeordie

I always enjoy your sense of humour  - - you certainly haven't missed this time, "do something" 555555555 ????

40 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

No it doesn't, and how long will this cull have to go on for? Decades? 

Sterilization starts bringing down the population straight away

The cull would bring down the population faster and more 'straight away' then going around the country and collecting each and every dog, giving it an operation and taking it back to where it was caught.  There are so many now that sterilising the lot is too big a job, and its going to be so easy to miss a lot of them... which would leave more to reproduced anyway.

Cull the lot.  In the future, any stay is collected, owner has 7 days to collect the dog, then its destroyed.

No more dogs roaming the streets.

7 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

They would, if someone only had a video of the attack and had posted it on Facebook.

The powers that be would claim "fake news" and the PM would rephase his statement to "no Thai dog would do that 

16 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

As most ( not all ) of what you see on the roads is self-inflicted by selfish idiots.

Correct, he (the boy) had no input what-so-ever into the attack. 

53 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

No it doesn't, and how long will this cull have to go on for? Decades? 

Sterilization starts bringing down the population straight away

Would suggest a handful of properly armed military guys would reduce the dog population at a much higher rate than sterilisation, probably in the order of 200 to 1 each day. 

Boy seriously injured after mauling by dogs near Sarasin Bridge

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__3768726.jpg

A seven year old boy has been seriously injured after being attacked and mauled by a group of dogs near Sarasin Bridge. Sarasin Bridge connects Phuket with the Thai mainland.

The seven year old boy is Yueanyong ‘D-Max’ Chairab. He was attacked by four dogs at a beach near Sarasin Bridge in Thanoon, Takua Tung on the Phang Nga side yesterday morning (Sunday).

About 100 bite wounds were found all over his body. He was transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/boy-seriously-injured-after-mauling-by-dogs-near-sarasin-bridge

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-28

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

it is not a false dichotomy of 'bleeding heart dog brigade' vs the kill em all brigade.  Research shows that sterilization will bring down the stray dog populations, and that mean a concerted effort from the government to make this happen, not just the work of animal welfare charities such as Soi Dog.

Culling, however attractive it might seem, will not work long term - populations will increase again. Yes, these specific dogs should be put down as they are a danger, but a long term solution to the problem is needed not just knee jerk reactions that lead nowhere. 

Sterilization not only brings down the populations but also helps curb anti-social behavior in the dogs - males dogs become less territorial and aggressive etc.  However, this requires planning and thorough implementation, so I won't hold my breath. 

Maybe sterelization could reduce the number of stray dogs, in cities, but as many Thai men seem to be opposed to the (less important and cheaper) castration of male dogs...

As for the less populated areas, like villages and coutryside, it won't solve anything, as the dogs on the streets, and in other public areas, do belong to people living in the neighborhood who let them run around free.

I've seen it quite many times, and they 'don't see, don't hear' when their dogs(s) get aggressive, or even bite you, or your pet dog on a line! But, use a stick or a stone to protect yourself, and then they wake up and yell: what do you do to my dog, stop with that, go away, etc. ..., while still doing nothing about their dog(s). In our 400m. long Soi, there are well 20 of such dogs, we cannot even walk the street with our own dog on a line!

1 minute ago, bangrak said:

Maybe sterelization could reduce the number of stray dogs, in cities, but as many Thai men seem to be opposed to the (less important and cheaper) castration of male dogs...

As for the less populated areas, like villages and coutryside, it won't solve anything, as the dogs on the streets, and in other public areas, do belong to people living in the neighborhood who let them run around free.

I've seen it quite many times, and they 'don't see, don't hear' when their dogs(s) get aggressive, or even bite you, or your pet dog on a line! But, use a stick or a stone to protect yourself, and then they wake up and yell: what do you do to my dog, stop with that, go away, etc. ..., while still doing nothing about their dog(s). In our 400m. long Soi, there are well 20 of such dogs, we cannot even walk the street with our own dog on a line!

it is really simple, sterilized dogs can't have countless litters, so the population goes down. LIke I said, it takes a concerted effort by the government (yeah, I know!) 

I don't know why a dog being in the countryside or the city makes any difference at all... and yes some are owned by owners, but if it is a government program then it can be done.... yes, yes, I know, TIT 

48 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Silencer does the trick and doesn't scare off the targets. 

...But is ILLEGAL, even on licensed carbines, and will bring you in BIG trouble with police, ...when you're not some phu yai or a member of such a family of course, but as they mostly own some of these canine pest themselve...

9 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

it is really simple, sterilized dogs can't have countless litters, so the population goes down. LIke I said, it takes a concerted effort by the government (yeah, I know!) 

I don't know why a dog being in the countryside or the city makes any difference at all... and yes some are owned by owners, but if it is a government program then it can be done.... yes, yes, I know, TIT 

It's real simple.

Dogs can't breed if they are dead.

Also the selfish thai's, won't be sterilizing there dog after the kids have got bored of it, and he dumps it in the soi.

Like they do all year round.

Asia[edit]

An estimated 31,000 human deaths due to rabies occur annually in Asia,[1] with the majority – approximately 20,000 – concentrated in India.[2] Worldwide, India has the highest rate of human rabies in the world primarily due to stray dogs. Because of a decline in the number of vultures due to acute poisoning by the anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac (vultures themselves are not susceptible to rabies), animal carcasses that would have been consumed by vultures instead became available for consumption by feral dogs, resulting in a growth of the dog population and thus a larger pool of carriers for the rabies virus.[3] Another reason for the great increase in the number of stray dogs is the 2001 law that forbade the killing of dogs.[2]

In many Asian countries which still have a high prevalence of rabies, such as Vietnam and Thailand, the virus is primarily transmitted through canines (feral dogs and other wild canine species).[4] Another source of rabies in Asia is the pet boom.

wiki

It may take a major epidemic of rabies to get the Thais on board of this potentially very serious problem. I believe they would act (mass culling/mass registration) if it directly affected their tourist dollars. Interesting in the above wiki note that India's problems related to diclofenac usage (probably in high usage here with all the old expats lol). Hopefully the kid pulls through and the dogs were not rabid.

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Not really.. Plenty of innocent people are killed every day on the roads here. Nothing is done about anything here, they just don't give a shit

36 minutes ago, bangrak said:

...But is ILLEGAL, even on licensed carbines, and will bring you in BIG trouble with police, ...when you're not some phu yai or a member of such a family of course, but as they mostly own some of these canine pest themselve…

easily made legal to those who have a need to shoot every soi dog found.

Archived