Wild dogs: Seven year old fighting for life after savage attack on Thai beach

webfact

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a walk on the street in around Burirom in a small village there dogs dictate the way to scare people even locals so to avoid any fighting got myself a teaser and a big stick, My sister in law got bitten and the need for treatment had to be carried out.

Do not like dog and they do not like me.

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

I have a very clear understanding of who and what is important in Thailand.

Even if the uneducated on Tv don't.  

images.jpg

Hope the little boy recovers very soon.

It makes no difference how many pics you post. 

A 7 year old should not be playing on the beach unsupervised, let alone in a country full of wild animals.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Wouldn't you think that anyone not only kids should be able to the beach and not have to be aware of or likely to be attacked by a feral dogs, and then have idiots post that it's their own or their parents fault. Nothing like victim blaming is there, just confirms a complete lack of intelligence. 

Op is not about anyone but about a 7 year old playing on the beach unsupervised, there are other dangers not just dogs.

4 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Blaming the victim. Congratulations, you have just written one of the most nonsensical arguments on this site. That takes some doing. You should feel proud, or ashamed. I'll let you choose. 

Actually not the victim but the irresponsible parents, but do not let fact get in a way of a nice nonsense rant ????

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Op is not about anyone but about a 7 year old playing on the beach unsupervised, there are other dangers not just dogs.

Who said he was unsupervised? 

Plus the post is about a dog attack not other dangers. 

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

It makes no difference how many pics you post. 

A 7 year old should not be playing on the beach unsupervised, let alone in a country full of wild animals.

Were you there to actually witness the unsupervised 7 year old playing on the beach?

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Who said he was unsupervised? 

Plus the post is about a dog attack not other dangers. 

Because if he was, then OP would have said parents tried to stop and would have been bitten as well.

beach is not a place for a 7 year old to be alone, fact !

Just now, Artisi said:

Were you there to actually witness the unsupervised 7 year old playing on the beach?

Were you there? To say he was? And if he was, how did parents get away unmarked and allowed for dogs to tore him into pieces ?

2 hours ago, steve2112 said:

sad story but all i can think about is why his parents named him after a pickup truck? 

In my time as a teacher in Thailand I had Thai kids in my classes called Saab, Fiat, Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar, Porsche and of course many called Benz.

That was hi-so Harrow International.....so, admittedly, no D-Max. 

Rooster

I trust the young boy pulls through.  Dogs and the careless, I don't care owners... they let them roam freely causing havoc, chasing motorcycle, bikes, cars, runners, and kids... Sadly it will take either something like this or a politician's kids being attacked before anything is done... The owners are the other part of this program.  When possible they need re-education about their responsibilities... I know good luck.

Pull through little one...

8 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Very true,  but dinner don't count in Thailand. 

two faced gits.

I don't get it, what are you doing on a forum about Thailand when you hate the people, the animals, culture ?

6 hours ago, lks7689 said:

Not many will understand, but we humans are the one who are denying animals the space and resources to survive on their own. The only way this world is going is down like the dinosaurs because our fragile egos cannot accept any responsibility. Try being denied food, territorial freedom and subjected to constant abuse from another species and see how you behave? From the comments I have been reading here, I think the dogs are way more civilized than the real beasts that's spending their time posting here and savaging anyone or anything related to any issue in Thailand. I have spent enough time in Thailand to understand, you either accept it and respect it the way it is. Or you take your balls and get out of there. Those who are still staying probably doesn't have any. 

Finally this thread has a voice of intelligence and reason, thanks for that lks7689. Too many comments in here from little tiny minds.

41 minutes ago, zachary said:

I don't get it, what are you doing on a forum about Thailand when you hate the people, the animals, culture ?

Very few ever get it, most are in a state of denial.

Who hates all the people ? i don't

I love the ladies. nice one. :thumbsup:

Who hates all the animals ? i don't

But I do hate all the soi dogs. :thumbsup:

Who hates all there culture ? i don't

Love the way they take care of there elders, good job. 

many more things just to many to list :thumbsup:

When you truly open your eyes in Thailand,  it's quite dazzling.

Many chose not to.

I just hate the bad people winning, it make the good Thai people look bad. and the bad people win most of the time here.

BTW. Thailand is my home, even if the authorities are not so friendly to us at present.

8 hours ago, lks7689 said:

Not many will understand, but we humans are the one who are denying animals the space and resources to survive on their own. The only way this world is going is down like the dinosaurs because our fragile egos cannot accept any responsibility. Try being denied food, territorial freedom and subjected to constant abuse from another species and see how you behave? From the comments I have been reading here, I think the dogs are way more civilized than the real beasts that's spending their time posting here and savaging anyone or anything related to any issue in Thailand. I have spent enough time in Thailand to understand, you either accept it and respect it the way it is. Or you take your balls and get out of there. Those who are still staying probably doesn't have any. 

Perhaps this YT site is not for you but it does offer another side to the soppy dogs lovers club. Dogs are not civilised they will often attack humans, especially babies and kids if they think they can get away with it and kill hundreds around the world every year. They do not love humans and are your friend only as long as they are fed. They do have a pathetic amount of loyalty at times, but they are dirty, smelly, and for kids on their own dangerous.

27 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Perhaps this YT site is not for you but it does offer another side to the soppy dogs lovers club. Dogs are not civilised they will often attack humans, especially babies and kids if they think they can get away with it and kill hundreds around the world every year. They do not love humans and are your friend only as long as they are fed. They do have a pathetic amount of loyalty at times, but they are dirty, smelly, and for kids on their own dangerous.

Errr, dogs do not often attack humans , dogs sometimes attack humans.

if dogs often attacked humans then dogs would not be house pets.

i am willing to bet dogs are more cleaner and more loyal than a number of humans 

18 hours ago, seajae said:

way past time the authorities started rounding up all the stray dogs and euthanizing them. Its getting so bad you cant go for a walk without being bailed up by them, it really is beyond a joke. We have a dog and she stays inside our fence line unless she is on a lead, we have to carry a stick to stop the strays from attacking her. Trouble is many thais simply let their dogs roam the streets so they dont have to take care of them or clean up after them, euthanizing them is the only way this problem will be solved

Or allow the Cambodians in the country for 1 week. Dog problem fixed. But what you are saying is spot on sir I worry about Rabies and Thais are just too lazy to look after those dogs so they roam

20 hours ago, Artisi said:

Here we go again, just another instance to highlight the stupidity of allowing dog packs to roam the streets. They should have been exterminated on the spot, not tranquilised and caged.

Now waiting for the bleeding heart dog brigade to start up, it's not the dogs fault, the kid shouldn't have been there, where we the parents etc etc. 

Guess TAT will be along as well soon on the beauty and safety of impeccable Thai beaches, we cleaned up the beach chairs and cigarette butts, and can guarantee the beaches are dog free. 

My Thai wife was bitten by a mangy soi dog at the Dinosaur market Hua Hin .

These mangy dogs have bits protruding out of their bodies, and drag their hind legs behind them to scratch their bodies for relief.

In most countries they would be humanely put down along with all the other mangy troublesome dogs.

When I walk up to my bar in the afternoon I sometimes carry a stick or a tazer, the noise alone scares the dogs away.

Most locals carry a stick .

Just as driving on Thai Roads is dangerous so is trying to walk safely.

But the thinking that these dogs are reincarnations prevails.

If you run one over you may be held to ransom.

When will they ever learn.

One day a soi dog bit a Thai baby outside a shop bar, his father was a policeman, he shot the dog in the street outside a shop bar.

He was applauded by all Thai and Falang who saw this.

I moved my residence because I could not deal any longer with those countless sleepless nights, the daily routine of collecting properly bagged garbage kept in  proper cans nor these piles of manure over and over again. Very much to the surprise of the landlord who said "Mai pen rai, this is Thailand"! 

More than once I saw Thais kicking the "*ç% out of dogs and cats (when nobody else looked), yet they eat bugs, frogs and rats - so what is the problem with dogs and cats?

I - for one - wonder, how many kids need to be mauled until someone applies something like common sense and deals with the problem. No such issues in Vietnam, Laos or Myanmar; they keep domestic pets, they breed for consumption but don't have this "Thai twilight situation" of millions and millions of stray dogs all over their country. 

8 hours ago, zachary said:

you can only post here if u like all these  things? didnt  see that in the rules

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

My Thai wife was bitten by a mangy soi dog at the Dinosaur market Hua Hin .

These mangy dogs have bits protruding out of their bodies, and drag their hind legs behind them to scratch their bodies for relief.

In most countries they would be humanely put down along with all the other mangy troublesome dogs.

When I walk up to my bar in the afternoon I sometimes carry a stick or a tazer, the noise alone scares the dogs away.

Most locals carry a stick .

Just as driving on Thai Roads is dangerous so is trying to walk safely.

But the thinking that these dogs are reincarnations prevails.

If you run one over you may be held to ransom.

When will they ever learn.

One day a soi dog bit a Thai baby outside a shop bar, his father was a policeman, he shot the dog in the street outside a shop bar.

He was applauded by all Thai and Falang who saw this.

A shame more soi dogs are given the same treatment. 

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Errr, dogs do not often attack humans , dogs sometimes attack humans.

if dogs often attacked humans then dogs would not be house pets.

i am willing to bet dogs are more cleaner and more loyal than a number of humans 

Often, sometimes, occasionally - pedantic nonsense.

Uncontrolled diseased soi dogs are a danger to anyone on the streets (and beach for the pedants) and should be brought under control immediately.   

Yes, some well cared for dogs are cleaner and more loyal than some humans and a lot more intelligent than those people who approve of and defend uncontrolled diseased dogs roaming free on the streets (and again for the pedants), beaches and especially whose who blame the victim for unprovoked attacks. 

23 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They used wrong ammo!

I think they are keeping the dogs alive to see if they develop rabies so they can treat the boy as needed. He can probably do without unnecessary anti-rabies treatment.

Archived