Canadian pensioner in custody after sneaking into Thailand through hole in the fence

webfact

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

It's strange.  Normally he doesn't even need a visa for one month stay as a tourist.  It could be he was scammed by combodian agent or he is not in good mental health.  If he had any previous criminals file or blacklisted, it would have been mentioned.  They should just take him back to combodia and let him go if he didn't commit any other offences.

Story makes no sense at all, where is he actually resident?

If you thought u had a stamp surely you would got through the immigration checkpoint?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Hard to believe he didn't know he was doing something wrong sneaking in through a hole in the fence

How many countries do you legally enter like that? 

In Sweden everyone can enter free. No need to use a hole in a fence 

Some years ago I was up at the Three Pagodas (Burmese Border) and one of the shops had a widow out to Burma. In fact young Burmese on motorcycles were offering to take my Thai wife and her friend for a trip if they hopped through the window. My concern was they might not bring them back. That and the armed gurard a few yards away on the Thai side. But Burmese and Thais walked through the border without any sort of checks.

As many people have pointed out this story, a bit like the fence, was full of holes. I did the translation from Thai myself and told my editor that it was one of the worst for a while. Principally it was impossible to actually tell where he lived. a question the reporter had decided not to pose. I would tend to agree with those posters who have suggested he had something to hide....and the police either know this or will get it out of him during his detention. 

Rooster

14 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Hard to believe he didn't know he was doing something wrong sneaking in through a hole in the fence

How many countries do you legally enter like that? 

You must not be from the USA.  The Democrats refer to them as "DREAMERS" 

21 hours ago, GeoMill said:

Can someone tell me what's the point of doing something like this? Couldn't he just enter Thailand the normal way and actually pay less too?

The man can tell you his reason. All others that offer motives are speculating, including the detectives on this forum.

22 hours ago, basatop said:

I know similar,authentic story:organized small tourist group entered Thailand using international train from Malaysia.Somehow they missed Thai immigration!No entry stamps!They realized their mistake only much

later,too late..... in Bangkok.They approached their consulate for help and advice.Consul simply panicked and threatened them with the prospect of BangkokHilton.They ignored his warnings and reported to Immigration

Office,after couple of hours they were cleared with  stamps/notes in their passports,no fines!all smiles...

Later they published story in their homeland.

No Canadian consul in Bangkok.  Only a Canadian Embassy with an  Ambassador . It is unlikely that an Ambassador would be involved with then. Probably the consular section were there are Thai staff that handle us Canadian. We never see Canadian Officers normally when we go to the Embassy in Bangkok.

Have you seen the weather in Canada now, I would be swimming the river, going threw holes in the fence, climbing the walls,  just  to get back in Thailand.... haha

16 minutes ago, garyk said:

Have you seen the weather in Canada now, I would be swimming the river, going threw holes in the fence, climbing the walls,  just  to get back in Thailand.... haha

His problem was that having paid 5,000 to get from Cambodia to here, he then wanted to go back to Cambodia.

24 minutes ago, garyk said:

I'm staying inside for now. -38c tomorrow with a -51 WindChill. Brrrrrrrrrr!image.thumb.jpg.bc574eabc4ccf755ce74201f67d925c4.jpg

53 minutes ago, pegman said:

I'm staying inside for now. -38c tomorrow with a -51 WindChill. Brrrrrrrrrr!image.thumb.jpg.bc574eabc4ccf755ce74201f67d925c4.jpg

I saw that, that is getting pretty chilly... haha

Hopefully heading into Southern Mexico in a few months, Canadians are everywhere.  Don't blame them one bit. ????

I pull my little pop up down to padre island when back home in Texas and in the park I stay in I need to learn French to communicate.... haha.   Great bunch of people.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Looking at the photo of the FIVE officers, I would say the Canadian is in better shape than four of them,

Took all five officers to chase him down thru the jungle.  The officers are still breathing hard.

Archived