BANGKOK 23 July 2019 20:07
webfact

Video: Thailand's shame: "We should be like farangs and keep our own country clean"

As someone from the UK there are plenty of places there that make Thailand look clean, s$&€t holes created by supposedly first world educated citizens...education goes so far but family upbringing and respect for others goes further....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Luckily she did not get arrested for not having a work permit. 

But I am sure that the avalanche of Chinese will do good deeds and follow the example .......... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, SammyT said:

Agreed, always the most frustrating thing is buying food or drink while wandering somewhere and then having to carry the litter for another 30 minutes until you can find somewhere to properly dispose of it. Pretty much the only consistent rubbish bins I've seen have been outside 7/11's. 

Golly, it occurs to me that you must live in a pretty remote part of Thailand, if it takes you 30 minutes to find a 7/11!

😀

• Haha 1

She should be allowed a WP this is a job Thai's wont do never mind cant do

1 hour ago, marquis22 said:

Even the cattle drop litter.....

20190129_092305.jpg

That would be a beautiful picture without the plastic rubbish.

The farmer better clean that up ASAP, because the cows / buffalos often eat the plastic bags (as they can taste the salt from leftover food on them) and they eventually clog up the animals stomach and intestines and it will die.  

• Like 1

Having no bins is not an excuse to litter. London, as I recall, hasnt had bins for years due to the IRA problem but the streets are clean or they used to be anyway.

"Hypothetically speaking.. I wonder what the reaction would be if some kind of "farang litter day" began. For example if TV members agreed to go around picking up rubbish on a specific date. Not sure if it'd come across as shaming Thais or genuine respect for the country."

Carefully does it. This lady might be a possible target tor 'no work permit' charges. Yes, I agree that would be childish but this is Thailand and these are Thais. Stranger things have happened.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Corruption is the number one issue, WORLDWIDE. Nothing will improve while federal and municipal officials are busy lining their pockets. The fish rots from the head down.

On 1/28/2019 at 4:32 AM, realfunster said:

What I don’t understand is why there doesn’t appear to be a consistent government public service campaign via the media on this and other related ‘social’ matters.

Seems odd for an authoritarian and bureaucratic state.

Worthwhile targets :

Learning to swim

Driving/drunk driving/seatbelts/ crash helmets

Littering/environmental

Corruption

etc, etc. 

Wow. You hit the nail on the head. If Thai people could be indoctrinated at school about littering, corruption and safety, the country would be better. But then it might end up like Sweden, so better let them deal with it themselves.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, Sydebolle said:

Luckily she did not get arrested for not having a work permit. 

But I am sure that the avalanche of Chinese will do good deeds and follow the example .......... 

I think many more conscientious falang would pick up trash and other things like teach English for free, but strangely that behaviour upsets the authorities.

No probs. I pick up the odd bit of rolling in the wind trash in Oz with no repercussions. I'm going to heaven.

• Like 1