How to stop noise/ wooden floor

THAIPHUKET

Living in beautiful, some 40 European stile brick-house.

Only thing worth improving is the wooden floor/ceiling between ground and first floor. Steps can be well heard.

The idea is to use the space for fitness. No changes to the house can be made. Carpet not an option.

Is it possible to put a second 5cm high floor over the wooden planks, which blocks the noise?

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You could install another floor over the existing floor, although unlikely to eliminate all noise as some noise / vibration will be transmitted from the connection between the two. 

An sound insulated double ceiling at the lower level could be a better proposition? 

If you are going to use it for fitness, why not buy rubber "puzzle" tiles or other fitness ground floors. Some are available in BKK others can be bought from East West fitness in Thailand.

I got rubber matting in my gym I can even drop heavy weights and or do deadlifts without problems. Though I seldom drop weights of course. 

Having mentioned you may be using it as a fitness room you really have saved yourself a lot of work.

I was only going to add an alternative but maybe no better than the above suggestions.

A non slip badminton cushion floor, maybe only 10mm thick but heavy and comes in 3m wide rolls.

And if your room is big enough you can mark it for badminton aswell.

Archived