Khon Kaen immigration - change

Rc2702

Tried to extend a TV for 60 days based on a child but was rejected due to a new officer in charge advising previous process was incorrect.

Landlord copy of ID no longer accepted on it's own and also require landlord tabien bahn.

3 extensions in last year and never an issue until this last visit.

Personally I'm dreading doing my year's visa extension in March as 'most' offices will be ill-prepared for the ever-changing rules.  As I read the last edict, it appears the new ruling concerning pension income has changed again giving total autonomy or interpretation to your local office.

In your case, the new guy could possibly be correct as to his interpretation, but how can all the previous staff in Khon Kaen Office be wrong for a whole year? The training of all personnel is sadly lacking.

Immigration has suffered from this sort of inefficiency for 20 years that I know of and will undoubtedly continue to be the same without any improvement (except for the occasional case we read about on TV).

That's my rant of the day finished, but I'm sure many others will agree.  

17 hours ago, yosib157 said:

Personally I'm dreading doing my year's visa extension in March as 'most' offices will be ill-prepared for the ever-changing rules.  As I read the last edict, it appears the new ruling concerning pension income has changed again giving total autonomy or interpretation to your local office.

In your case, the new guy could possibly be correct as to his interpretation, but how can all the previous staff in Khon Kaen Office be wrong for a whole year? The training of all personnel is sadly lacking.

Immigration has suffered from this sort of inefficiency for 20 years that I know of and will undoubtedly continue to be the same without any improvement (except for the occasional case we read about on TV).

That's my rant of the day finished, but I'm sure many others will agree.  

That is the real problem with all imm offices you are very correct when you say that training is lacking, i go to mahasarakham and training is non existent the newbies come in and do not know anything and muddle through so it takes hours to do a simple process.

4 hours ago, TerryLH said:

Any specifics on what 'old ways' you are talking about?

Terry

Well on my extension it was rejected for not having a copy of landlords tabien bahn.  Never requested previously on 3 extensions. Lady said "that was before now I'm here so new way" 

4 hours ago, henry15 said:

Nonthaburi immigration asks already 5 years, Not only Tabian baan of the owner. But also the Chanotte of the property.

Fair enough but we had to find out the hard way hence the post to warn others they have changed requirements.

5 hours ago, jewell49 said:

That is the real problem with all imm offices you are very correct when you say that training is lacking, i go to mahasarakham and training is non existent the newbies come in and do not know anything and muddle through so it takes hours to do a simple process.

i use maha sarakham ewerytime 2 year now, and newer no problem, 90 day report make 5 min no need wait lot. year visa has only i ask can i use compination little money at bank account 100 k and 300 k has pension salary embassy stamped papers but say NO only embassy paper all or bank account all money.but easy use sarakham immigration, i go to tesco sametime drive to immigration and ready. under 30 natee has 90 day report ready i start to home.

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Fair enough but we had to find out the hard way hence the post to warn others they have changed requirements.

Many thanks for this. It reminds me of the troubles I had there last year. I will make sure I'm prepared if I go there for an extension this year.

22 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

It is open already.

Bus station 3.

Terminal 2

Second floor.

Not much parking.

Never been there I saw a fair few old guys wheelchairbound getting retirement extensions in old office. What options are there to get up to the 2nd floor?

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Never been there I saw a fair few old guys wheelchairbound getting retirement extensions in old office. What options are there to get up to the 2nd floor?

Take a strong friend to carry them.

I thought that and there is no easy way to get up there.

8 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Take a strong friend to carry them.

I thought that and there is no easy way to get up there.

Your comment is just nonsense, when i next have to go, you can come and carry me, OK.

As i weigh approx 90 ks, make sure you have had your Weetabix.

17 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Went today and the stairs are very steep.

Maybe a way of getting rid of old pensioners.

Can anyone confirm that Khon Kaen immigration are open 5/6/7th of February?  Their web page has these dates blocked out as if they are closed (Chinese New Year) until Friday 8th. 

Archived