Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 February 2019 21:44
Rc2702

Khon Kaen immigration - change

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

Did my extension yesterday. 5th Feb.

Thanks, I appreciate your quick response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Can anyone confirm that Khon Kaen immigration are open 5/6/7th of February? 

Chinese New Year is not a public holiday.

The days are marked in green like "observations".

The next public holiday, Tuesday February 19 is marked in red, office closed.

There is button to open calendar in big size and there you see it more clearly.

I hope they maintain the calendar, would be a good idea.

Open on Valentines, bring flowers for the female officers :biggrin:

kkc.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Did my extension yesterday. 5th Feb.

I went this morning the office was open and almost empty.
I tried to ask some information about the visa retirement  extension and the documents to be submitted but I did not get many explanations, they only provided me with 3 sheets for the request and nothing else .

May I ask what documents have you been asked to provide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

I went this morning the office was open and almost empty.
I tried to ask some information about the visa retirement  extension and the documents to be submitted but I did not get many explanations, they only provided me with 3 sheets for the request and nothing else .

May I ask what documents have you been asked to provide?

I did the marriage extension.

No problem the same as every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Justin Side said:

I did the marriage extension.

No problem the same as every year.

I need to apply for the retirement extension in April I hope that there will be no problems as there are new rules that will apply from 1th March🙄.

Thanks🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

I need to apply for the retirement extension in April I hope that there will be no problems as there are new rules that will apply from 1th March🙄.

Thanks🙏

What method of financial proof will you use?

What nationality are you?

 

With the 800k being seasoned in the account no problems expected.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, KhunBENQ said:

What method of financial proof will you use?

What nationality are you?

 

With the 800k being seasoned in the account no problems expected.

 

 

1) 800 K already on my book bank

2) I am Italian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nobody55 said:

1) 800 K already on my book bank

2) I am Italian 

No indication that the retirement extension with 800k in the bank for 3 months (or 2 months from March 1) will be any problem.

 

You will experience how this don't touch for 3 months after extension and keep at least 400k over the year will be implemented.

Best ask at the office. Still seems somewhat unclear.

 

As you will use the 800k method you won't need a certificate of income from the embassy.

So nationality is no matter here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No indication that the retirement extension with 800k in the bank for 3 months (or 2 months from March 1) will be any problem.

 

You will experience how this don't touch for 3 months after extension and keep at least 400k over the year will be implemented.

Best ask at the office. Still seems somewhat unclear.

 

As you will use the 800k method you won't need a certificate of income from the embassy.

So nationality is no matter here.

 

I have already the 800k in my book bank so I will ask extension after 90 days (around April 23) no problem with the new requirements, I would like to know if there are other issues......but I didn't any information from immigration office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passport .

Kor Ror 3 Marriage Certificate.

Kor Ror 2 Marriage Registry Entry.

Letter from Embassy showing income.

Wife ID Card.

Wife Tabien Bahn.

Photos of us both in and around the house.

Hand drawn map to our house.

Was given a couple of papers in Thai to sign.

Edited by Justin Side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To address some of the comments made re: KhonKaen Immigration move.

 

For reference:

  • I have been on a retirement visa for many moons (my TM card is dated 1996).
  • I use the Bt 800,000 in bank method
  • My wife of 10 years does all my 90 day reports now
  • I have lived in KK for the past 5 years
  • My wife is gregarious, regularly "interacting" with virtually every officer in the immigration office

I had informed her concerning many of the comments made here and in other forums regarding changes in staff, rules and procedures in the KK office.

 

Upon her return from the new digs, she was puzzled about many of the comments I had relayed. Her take was the the only change is the location. Same staff, same procedures.

 

She recommends that I never ascend that apparently treacherous stairway as it's steep as hell and the steps are much smaller than my feet. The staff indicated someone would walk downstairs to take a photo of those folks who are physically challenged.

 

Apparently the plan is to remain at the bus station until the new building North of KK, near Bonthon/Nonthon (sp?) and "mount garbage" is finished. Work on the project has resumed and completion is estimated in 3 years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...