Chiang Mai drug sting lands Lahu family of six in custody

webfact

Chiang Mai drug sting lands Lahu family of six in custody

By The Nation

79c74537c7c9770647e867b86edd097e.jpeg

An ethnic Lahu family of six is under arrest in Chiang Mai after allegedly handing over 15 kilograms of crystal meth and 170,000 methamphetamine pills to undercover police.

c93feeeb481b87eec5132fa01dd7a30c.jpeg

Chiang Mai police chief Pol Maj Gen Pichet Jiranantasin told reporters on Monday morning those arrested were Anuthin Namma, 31, Paiya Namma, 30, Natae Ja-ur, 48, Patiphan Sae-wang, 28, Sommai Ja-ur, 51, and Monnapha Ja-ur, 29.

They are parents, children and in-laws of the same family living in Mae Hong Son’s Pai district.

Police were tipped off about the family having drugs to sell.

The six arrived in two pickups at a designated location on Mae Malai-Pai Road in Mae Taeng district, the occupants of one truck allegedly scouting the road, the others bringing the drugs.

773a7e7e46994c293dc912e7bc6b6088.jpeg

Police said the family admitted to being hired by a fellow Lahu named Janu Saenkhamfu to sell drugs on commission and deliver them to Central provinces.

Investigators found that Janu and his wife had already abandoned their homes in Chiang Mai’s Fang and Chaiprakan districts.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30363063

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-28

do a little research on the golden triangle and soon you will realize a TON, TON, TON, TON, TON of drugs go through CM.

ok, back to my beer, 10 baht soup, and enjoy the fresh, clean air while i think about helping the soi dogs.  

All the way along the border from Pai, Chiang Dao, Chai Prakarn, Fang, Mae Ai its the Lahu who are the most numerous hilltribe. Since the very big drug gang operated by Lao Ta (Lisu-Chin Haw), east of Tha Ton was busted the Lahu have been picking up the trade. My wife was at a village meeting recently, discussion on drugs being the main topic, and she came back to say the army are putting a greater number of men into this border area after discovering a virtual highway of paths through the hills. Residents were being asked to report strangers in the villages. Meanwhile, brand new 1 million baht pick-ups are delivering villagers to collect their cash gifts from the govt at the ATM and no-one needs to explain where the money came from for these vehicle purchases. 

13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

If they keep on planning to arrest this problem away perhaps they should considering carpet bombing the labs in Myanmar and then sending in special forces to destroy the precursor factories in China. You know, the strategies that work so well with the Americans on their war on drugs. 

Are you nuts?

13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

If they keep on planning to arrest this problem away perhaps they should considering carpet bombing the labs in Myanmar and then sending in special forces to destroy the precursor factories in China. You know, the strategies that work so well with the Americans on their war on drugs. 

What they need is a WALL!... And Myanmar will pay for it...

Maybe bamboo slats if they can’t swing a loan for Chinese concrete... 

22 hours ago, Lungstib said:

All the way along the border from Pai, Chiang Dao, Chai Prakarn, Fang, Mae Ai its the Lahu who are the most numerous hilltribe. Since the very big drug gang operated by Lao Ta (Lisu-Chin Haw), east of Tha Ton was busted the Lahu have been picking up the trade. My wife was at a village meeting recently, discussion on drugs being the main topic, and she came back to say the army are putting a greater number of men into this border area after discovering a virtual highway of paths through the hills. Residents were being asked to report strangers in the villages. Meanwhile, brand new 1 million baht pick-ups are delivering villagers to collect their cash gifts from the govt at the ATM and no-one needs to explain where the money came from for these vehicle purchases. 

OK, I will create a five-man task force.   Who's in?

Camouflage face painting tonight at the moooobaaaan, and then at o'dark thirty we head for the hills!!!

bicycles are welcome.

6 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

Are you nuts?

Hmmmmm..... maybe re-read this next sentence a few times.  then read it again, and again, then maybe google it.... then think about it.  

it will come to you

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

You know, the strategies that work so well with the Americans on their war on drugs. 

17 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

is it BYOAK ?

no need, i have my swiss army knife and can use the surrounding trees to create bows, knives, javelins....you name it.  

i'm on a sat phone now.....deep undercover.   hold on, my friend says we can't type during the game.  

code word:  see nothing, hear nothing, drink beer, pay fine.  

Archived