Remove my details from a Website.

wgdanson

After following the links from an ad here on TV, I registered with the company advertising. But then after getting a 'confusing' phone call, and checking on the company reviews, sent them an email asking to be removed from their database, and to not be contacted again. FOUR emails later I am told that they cannot remove my data because I registered myself onto their system.

Is this true, and if not, how can I, or anyone, remove their details from any company's website please.

In hindsight I know I should have checked the reviews BEFORE I registered so no telling off please.

I can do that for you, sorry for an inconvenience.    I only charge 4,000 baht.   Please visit my webpage and add in your bank account details for safety reasons.  Also, just checking, what is your bank password???

Use maybe three email addresses and never, never give a good address or phone number.   many free, good email websites out there.  it's ok, you didn't lose money.  

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Did you search for an 'unsubscribe' facility on their website?

Perhaps you could ask them 'where is their unsubscribe facility'?

Further, in the last year or so there's ben lots of content about privacy and lots of firms stating their commitment to customer privacy.

Just wondering if the company involved here states any privacy policy and within that policy is there any comment about customers right to removal of information? 

Archived