BANGKOK
Tagged

You got 3 rai farmland?

You got 3 rai farmland in Isan, what would you do with it? Time perspective is 20 eyars +. 

We will make solar power, a small bungalow, bore hole for water, and then what to do with it? We will have family to take care of the land, so I was thinking hard wood, and some useful fruit trees. Any thoughts what goes good together? 

The land have been used for potatos lately, and in the area they just started planting and producing Tamurin as well. From before it is a typical chilli, beans, sugar, and corn. 

• Like 1

would be nice to know prices of the pipes and hard wood saplings

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

The basic answer if you want is look at the Kings sufficiency plan it will give you a good layout

If you are going to live on the land then plan to grow crops and livestock hat will make you self sufficient with a little extra to trade or sell

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Like 2

We will plant hardwood first of all, and then the family can plant what goes good together with the hard wood. The land investment was far underpriced, and the rest of the family have connecting land, and nearby so they are farmers with green hands. They would know what they want, but as every other place I have been to, is when  neighbour start with something new the rest of the village do the same, so i said no Tamurin. 

bore hole with quality pipes, slurry, and pump 50 000,- ?

Wather tanks 5m3 10 000,-?

Bungalow 40 000?

Saplings? 

Grow Mangos 

Everyone loves Mangos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live with a large extended farming family... they know what is best to plant in the area... and have made changes over the last 20 years. They are far more knowledgable than I am on the subject and so I do not get involved. Any thoughts I had as to what to grow etc.. would have been wrong. 

3 rai is not a lot of land but if you are calling the shots, be prepared to take the blame... they have been Isaan farmers longer than you.