You got 3 rai farmland?

Tagged

The most critical zone under a tree is at the drip line or the outer edge of the canopy, where most of the rain is shed. As the tree grows the drip line moves out. Drainage should be away from the trunk to the drip line and outside that back in to the drip line. This is where the young roots are close to the surface and absorb water and nutrients. So the original planting hole should be dug with the final size of the tree in mind if you have <deleted> dirt like me. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 1:58 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Op will have no issues as his extended family will be looking after it.

However, as a foreigner there are no issues growing fruit and veggies on a tiny 3 rai plot.

If you lived by all the "laws" in Thailand then you might as well not bother getting out of bed !!

That's what many Thai males do anyway isn't it ?

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:36 AM, Tagged said:

We will plant hardwood first of all, and then the family can plant what goes good together with the hard wood. The land investment was far underpriced, and the rest of the family have connecting land, and nearby so they are farmers with green hands. They would know what they want, but as every other place I have been to, is when  neighbour start with something new the rest of the village do the same, so i said no Tamurin. 

bore hole with quality pipes, slurry, and pump 50 000,- ?

Wather tanks 5m3 10 000,-?

Bungalow 40 000?

Saplings? 

I think you need to take a serious look at your budget above if you are talking Baht

9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I think you need to take a serious look at your budget above if you are talking Baht

We are far beyond that borehole thing at the moment!

Pond and watertanks now. 

Budget is no problem

We have so far planted

Yang Na
3 different green and sweet yellow mango 
Dragon fruit
Tamarin
Rambutan
3 different  Pomelo
Chom Poo
2 different Pappaya
Ma fai
 2 different yellow Marian

the flower not sure the name, but same in pic above, next year we will start with tomatoes and other vegetables. 

And I will be more here than before to follow up more closely than I was thinking in the beginning. 

Bungalow and Toolhouse 160 000,—

8 1000L cubes 16 800,-

Digging pond 8000,-

Edited by Tagged

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Pond and watertanks now. 

Budget is no problem

We have so far planted

Yang Na
3 different green and sweet yellow mango 
Dragon fruit
Tamarin
Rambutan
3 different  Pomelo
Chom Poo
2 different Pappaya
Ma fai
 2 different yellow Marian

the flower not sure the name, but same in pic above, next year we will start with tomatoes and other vegetables. 

And I will be more here than before to follow up more closely than I was thinking in the beginning. 

Good luck and would be very interested in your total spend once your plans are accomplished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grollies said:

4'' borehole drilled to around 80m including 4'' annulus pipe and 1 1/2'' delivery pipe should be around B60,000 with a minimum guaranteed flow rate of around 4k litres/hr depending on your pump. The price will include pump and electrical installation, cable, etc. You supply the pump, they install it. Sorry, don't know the current prices for submersible pumps.

Great project mate, keep updating. ????

Forgot to mention, if borehole runs dry they drill again, FOC.

Second Rainfall made it oveflow. Wow, alot quicker then I could imagine. So two hours rain easily, give us 50-60m3, with the dikes catching rain coming down from the jungle. Crazy, and this was not even close the rainfalls I have experienced south yet. 

Tomorow build an overflow dam at the other end of the pipe, so can get in the rest of the water to make it full. Should hold around 55-58 when reach to lower end of the higher pipe in the other end. 

So then observe and see if it holds the water. So far we did not use any bentonite, but will observe and add if necessery. 

Did not even have time to make a decent stick with cm measurment of the waterlevel. 

EF60037A-9D7F-485A-B62C-015936D9495A.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

No, not yet. I thought it would sink? 

Maybe you can direct me in the right way?

We used Alum back in Aus to separate it,walk around dam throwing it on the surface.

Pile of gypsum sand at the entrance to filter it would help or charcoal.

It will improve when you sort out the runoff area with some vegetation and your plan to seal the drains.

You might want to consider a bypass on the dam for when its full otherwise it might be the end of the rainy season before you see clear water. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

We used Alum back in Aus to separate it,walk around dam throwing it on the surface.

Pile of gypsum sand at the entrance to filter it would help or charcoal.

It will improve when you sort out the runoff area with some vegetation and your plan to seal the drains.

You might want to consider a bypass on the dam for when its full otherwise it might be the end of the rainy season before you see clear water. 

Is there any problem using this water for the trees? Maybe need to add som chalk, but I will get it tested, and where can I get Alum?

51 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Is there any problem using this water for the trees? Maybe need to add som chalk, but I will get it tested, and where can I get Alum?

You could PM a guy on here Dr Treelove about what it would do to the trees.

I think it would end up making it so the water would not penetrate the soil and just run off under the tree.

Most hardware shops should have alum,ask your lady if she knows the word Sarnsom.(spelling?)

Other wise a pool shop may have something similar to use. 

Another guy you could PM about water clarification is Sappersrest from the swimming pool forum section.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 5:52 AM, Tagged said:

Pond and watertanks now. 

Budget is no problem

Bungalow and Toolhouse 160 000,—

Digging pond 8000,-

Looking forward to see the bungalow and toolhouse for 160,000 bt that has already gone up x 4 from the 40,000 bt

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tagged

Looks good so far. I have a question for you though, always a question hey!

If the land backs onto a "park" why didn't you put the water collection pond at the top of the land?

I understand having one at the bottom as it catches the run-off from the land, but you then have to pump it back up the hill to the IBC's.

Keep posting pictures.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OOTAI said:

Tagged

Looks good so far. I have a question for you though, always a question hey!

If the land backs onto a "park" why didn't you put the water collection pond at the top of the land?

I understand having one at the bottom as it catches the run-off from the land, but you then have to pump it back up the hill to the IBC's.

Keep posting pictures.

To wide up there and height differences as well from one end to another, and hard to catch all water coming down from the jungle. Another issue, is rocks and the dirt is more shallow up there. And when going to do an borehole eventually, it will be close to the pond.

Thanks for your comment

On 1/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, passiflora said:

Depending if you are Thai or farang, don't forget a foreigner can not work especially as farmer

You can work on it yourself as long as it's for your own private consumption and you aren't selling anything. This annoying conspiracy theory among expats where foreigners can't do anything without it being considered "work" is something that never seems to go away. There's a difference between working on your own property for yourself and working there to sell something.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, drtreelove said:

I think the heads up notes are appropriate for advising a newbie.  Of course you can get away with it, but in fact it is illegal.  You can jump the border and live for years, you can drive drunk without a license or insurance, you can get away with a lot of things, until something happens and you get busted and then you're screwed. I'm a calculated risk taker, but I don't advise anyone else to be. 

Nonsense. Again, this circulating conspiracy theory is becoming like an urban legend. It never seems to die.

You can work on your own property provided you're not selling anything, earning a wage or making money off something. As soon as you sell something, then you've got a problem unless you have a work permit.

• Like 2