Cosplay portraits

MikeN

• 10 months later...
13 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Thanks for da pix. So the Thai are copying the Japanese. Cute!

How often can this be seen and exactly where?

my friend's daughter is into cosplay so occasionally i go along. small cosplay events take place every month or so in shopping malls in bangkok and the rest of the country. these tend to consist of competitions where the cosplayers act out character scenes to a backing track of music, story telling and/or other sound effects - quite entertaining/funny sometimes.

bigger festivals, as far as i know, take place in siam paragon and central world in bangkok attended by literally hundreds of cosplayers. i believe there is an event coming up at central world on the final weekend in january.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:34 AM, NCC1701A said:

god damn it! i missed it. next year.

You have to visit Tokyo, Harajuku and Shibuya / Shinjuku. Where you will see far more Cosplay girls than Thailand, plus more elaborate costumes. Nobody does Cosplay like a Japanese girl, soooooo cute! Though Japanese do tend to have bandy legs… (it‘s the bandy that makes you randy)

Enjoy the link!

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNSQt7I6Y9iE55p3t246WYaE9AR6OQ:1576653063209&q=cosplay+tokyo+street&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwii15Cu0r7mAhUAIbcAHaLdBl0Q7Al6BAgFEBs&biw=1366&bih=613

Edited by DaRoadrunner

On 12/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

How often can this be seen and exactly where?

I used to use the schedule at www.propsops.com when I was living in BKK and photographing cosplay. The website is a pain to navigate around though ! There is usually a couple of big cosplay events at Central world especially the Japan Expo. That’s the easiest to photograph...and access. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I used to use the schedule at www.propsops.com when I was living in BKK and photographing cosplay. The website is a pain to navigate around though ! There is usually a couple of big cosplay events at Central world especially the Japan Expo. That’s the easiest to photograph...and access. 

I see it is on again Jan 31st - Feb 2nd at Central World.

• 1 month later...